Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Lost Worlds J.A. Dubow B-3 (40)

warrior-poet

New in Town
Lost Worlds J.A. Dubow B-3 tagged size 40 in superb condition (only worn a few times) full details (and Stu's marketing hype) available here: http://www.lostworldsinc.com/B-3_Sheepskin_Flight_Jacket.htm). This jacket is a real tank. It has a very nice knobbly, dense cream shearling and the shell has an attractive red cast that stands out in natural light. I will gladly provide more pix. While it is truly an amazing jacket, it just doesn’t fit—I generally wear a 38–40 depending on cut, but this jacket fits more like a 42--have a look at the measurements and you can decide for yourself. It’s not even broken in yet and it comes from a non-smoking, no cats household.

Offering this beauty for $800 plus shipping (PP F&F, CONUS only). That's less than half price of this jacket new.

Measurements:
  • Shoulders, seam to seam across back: 20.5 in. (50.07 cm)
  • Shoulder to cuff, measured straight down: 25 in. (63.5 cm)
  • Armpit to armpit across back (seam to seam): 24 in. (60.96 cm)
  • Length, measured from collar seam in center back to bottom hem: 27 in. (68.58)
I would also be open to a trade for a slightly smaller B-3 by a premium maker. Let me know if that's of interest to you.

Stay safe, be well.

LW 1.jpeg
LW back 3.jpg
LW 4.jpg
LW 5.jpeg LW 6.jpg
LW 7.jpg
LW 8.jpg LW 9.jpeg

Last edited:

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
How wide is the bottom hem measured side to side with the side buckles loose and the jacket zipped up?
Thanks.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
I just wanted to point out that this jacket arrived with a pretty obvious tear on the pocket and shows a lot more signs of wear than were visible in the pictures.
When questionned the seller denies knowing anything about any of it.

Although described as "superb condition (only worn a few times)" once i complained to the seller i was told that:
"it has passed through the hands of at least three owners thus far."

No real solution to the issues were offered, future buyers beware....

iSjIFZy.jpg

Gav

Practically Family
That’s a disappointing outcome. It does look great in the pictures and a real shame that the seller was less than up front.

ykurtz

One of the Regulars
I guess that's a risk of buying something off a site newbie. I'd only feel comfortable buying something from someone who has a) been on this site a while, and b) has a good reputation on the site as well. I can say that but if something you really want becomes available 'out of the blue', it's hard to resist: like swearing off dating for a while and then 'she' walks into the room.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
I hate it when people are dishonest about the condition of what they're selling. It's not like buyers won't notice these obvious damages / flaws. The seller acting like the flaws weren't there or were not noticed when the jacket was in his possession, is basically just saying f*ck you.

I'm sorry to hear this @Carlos840

warrior-poet

New in Town
I just wanted to point out that this jacket arrived with a pretty obvious tear on the pocket and shows a lot more signs of wear than were visible in the pictures.

Although described as "superb condition (only worn a few times)" once i complained to the seller i was told that:

iSjIFZy.jpg
I am sorry Carlos840 is not pleased with his purchase. I have been collecting/wearing and buying/selling vintage clothing for some four decades now, and I have no intention of cheating anyone.

Oddly, a bunch of comments in this thread seem to have disappeared. Some may recall that when he offered to purchase this jacket, I replied that I was not interested in selling outside CONUS (as noted in my original listing post). He kept after me and I capitulated. He requested additional measurements and photos, and I obliged. Since I couldn’t figure out how to attach photos to a comment, I sent them to him via email (like all of the photos I posted of this jacket, they were clear photos and no damage was in evidence). We engaged in some friendly email banter and he said, “Let me sleep on it, one part of me wants a LW B-3, they just look insanely thick and comfy! The other part of me knows this is a jacket i will only get to wear 2 or 3 times a year at best (it’s never cold enough….).” I responded, “Take your time, man.” He asked if I was the original owner (that is, did I purchase it directly from Stu) and I told him I was not (I didn’t mention it at the time, but the fella I bought it from told me he had purchased it second-hand as well—as everyone on this forum knows, multiple owners of jackets like the ones we covet is not unusual). I shipped it on the same day I rec’d. payment and kept him in the loop every step of the way via email.

I never pressured Carlos840 to purchase the jacket; on the contrary, I answered all of his questions promptly and forthrightly and provided additional photos for him to consider as well. Overall, this jacket looks almost like brand new: there is literally not a single scratch, scuff, or sign of use on the shearling shell, the horsehide trim, or the billets and buckle chapes—it hasn’t even been broken in. I did in fact wear it a few times to walk my dog and other than that it has hung in my closet on a padded hanger—I’m sure many here can relate. I never noticed any damage and as you can see from the photos, which were taken at the time the jacket was listed (initially seeking a trade and later for sale), there is no apparent damage. When Carlos840 brought this to my attention, he offered no suggestion about how to resolve the issue, so I offered him a cash rebate to help offset for any repair. He refused. That’s the whole story.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
@warrior-poet i didn't
I am sorry Carlos840 is not pleased with his purchase. I have been collecting/wearing and buying/selling vintage clothing for some four decades now, and I have no intention of cheating anyone.

Oddly, a bunch of comments in this thread seem to have disappeared. Some may recall that when he offered to purchase this jacket, I replied that I was not interested in selling outside CONUS (as noted in my original listing post). He kept after me and I capitulated. He requested additional measurements and photos, and I obliged. Since I couldn’t figure out how to attach photos to a comment, I sent them to him via email (like all of the photos I posted of this jacket, they were clear photos and no damage was in evidence). We engaged in some friendly email banter and he said, “Let me sleep on it, one part of me wants a LW B-3, they just look insanely thick and comfy! The other part of me knows this is a jacket i will only get to wear 2 or 3 times a year at best (it’s never cold enough….).” I responded, “Take your time, man.” He asked if I was the original owner (that is, did I purchase it directly from Stu) and I told him I was not (I didn’t mention it at the time, but the fella I bought it from told me he had purchased it second-hand as well—as everyone on this forum knows, multiple owners of jackets like the ones we covet is not unusual). I shipped it on the same day I rec’d. payment and kept him in the loop every step of the way via email.

I never pressured Carlos840 to purchase the jacket; on the contrary, I answered all of his questions promptly and forthrightly and provided additional photos for him to consider as well. Overall, this jacket looks almost like brand new: there is literally not a single scratch, scuff, or sign of use on the shearling shell, the horsehide trim, or the billets and buckle chapes—it hasn’t even been broken in. I did in fact wear it a few times to walk my dog and other than that it has hung in my closet on a padded hanger—I’m sure many here can relate. I never noticed any damage and as you can see from the photos, which were taken at the time the jacket was listed (initially seeking a trade and later for sale), there is no apparent damage. When Carlos840 brought this to my attention, he offered no suggestion about how to resolve the issue, so I offered him a cash rebate to help offset for any repair. He refused. That’s the whole story.

No comments have disappeared, these were private messages.
I didn't make any judgement of character in my previous post, i just mentionned the fact that i had received a damaged jacket. Whether you knew about it or not is really irrelevant to me, either way i was sold damaged goods.

The pics are irrelevant too, there is no way to know if they were taken before the damage was done.
Even now if i don't pull on the pocket the leather lays perfectly flat and hides the damage 100%, it is invisible untill you put your hand in the pocket or try to lift that corner.

Your solution was to offer me 35$ back, which with the value of the dollar is the price of a case of beer.
I am not interrested in a 35$ refund as it will never cover the devaluation of the jacket caused by the rip even after repair.
Shipping from the US to the EU was 190 euro, will you pay for return shipping and refund me the price of the jacket plus the shipping i paid and take it back? I didn't think so.

Stop trying to blame this on "Buyers Remorse" like you did in your emails to me, i do not have buyers remorse, i was sold a damaged jacket described as "in superb condition (only worn a few times)"

warrior-poet

New in Town
@warrior-poet i didn't

No comments have disappeared, these were private messages.
I didn't make any judgement of character in my previous post, i just mentionned the fact that i had received a damaged jacket. Whether you knew about it or not is really irrelevant to me, either way i was sold damaged goods.

The pics are irrelevant too, there is no way to know if they were taken before the damage was done.
Even now if i don't pull on the pocket the leather lays perfectly flat and hides the damage 100%, it is invisible untill you put your hand in the pocket or try to lift that corner.

Your solution was to offer me 35$ back, which with the value of the dollar is the price of a case of beer.
I am not interrested in a 35$ refund as it will never cover the devaluation of the jacket caused by the rip even after repair.
Shipping from the US to the EU was 190 euro, will you pay for return shipping and refund me the price of the jacket plus the shipping i paid and take it back? I didn't think so.

Stop trying to blame this on "Buyers Remorse" like you did in your emails to me, i do not have buyers remorse, i was sold a damaged jacket described as "in superb condition (only worn a few times)"

warrior-poet

New in Town
Carlos840 said: "Even now if i don't pull on the pocket the leather lays perfectly flat and hides the damage 100%, it is invisible untill you put your hand in the pocket or try to lift that corner." Hmmm.

If the jacket had any damage, I honestly did not notice it. In the few times I wore the jacket, I did not use the pocket--it is not a "handwarmer" pocket, it was placed there for glove storage. I say again: I was unaware of any damage when I sent you the jacket.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Carlos840 said: "Even now if i don't pull on the pocket the leather lays perfectly flat and hides the damage 100%, it is invisible untill you put your hand in the pocket or try to lift that corner." Hmmm.

If the jacket had any damage, I honestly did not notice it. In the few times I wore the jacket, I did not use the pocket--it is not a "handwarmer" pocket, it was placed there for glove storage. I say again: I was unaware of any damage when I sent you the jacket.

I am not sure what your Humming implies, but I have no interest in arguing with you, i just wanted other members to be aware of the condition of the jacket you shiped so no one else would get burnt like i was.
You can claim ignorance all you want, it doesn't change anything.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
I check the jackets I sell from top to bottom, twice, before I put them in the box to get shipped. And I think every jacket aficionado does. I have a hard time believing a flaw like that could go unnoticed.

When a seller states a jacket to be in 'superb condition', I expect him to have done his homework to substantiate his claim. Saying the pocket wasn't used and therefore the flaw has gone unnoticed, sound to me like trying to avoid responsibilities.

mihai

A-List Customer
Hopefully the seller does the right thing and makes up for this mistake.

Although trading here looks safe, I can say from my (limited) experience that I almost got duped sometimes by not so new members. Like telling me they sent payment and to ship them the jacket.
So others, be careful, take your precautions. Be mindful when asking/sending PP family and friends.

On the other side, I cannot help from saying that I notice frequently that sellers overestimate the condition of sold items in the classifieds section.
Jackets described as excellent/barely broken in when they look quite beat-up. This encourages others to be less rigorous/objective about their sold items.
But of course critical posts are not allowed in classifieds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points