Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Montecristi Panama 24x24 - 570+wpsi clear ivory 2 3/8" brim Size 7 1/4

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
VS custom Montecristi Panama 24x24 - 570+ wpsi, 2 3/8" brim

Size 7 1/4

Very nice, even weave, clear ivory colored straw.

Unusually enough, it is so evenly woven that the horizontal and vertical weave count is about the same.

Blocked by Art Fawcett/ VS custom hats. Not made for me personally, bought directly from Panama Bob.

The brim has a flat flanging. This is a very soft, lightweight Panama, quite unlike the coarser weaves.

I hate to let it go, but should downsize the collection.

$460 including worldwide shipping from Germany

KJrn8IA.jpg

hy1foHy.jpg

l6fQDHw.jpg

rQmeirM.jpg

JqCmaDK.jpg

pCkLKib.jpg

yonmccc.jpg

fMZmryf.jpg

Pics below - It's the hat on the right (on the left side is a 250 wpsi for comparison):

UFcRh2J.jpg

mpKZmxp.jpg

The hat has one of the usual dark brown sweatbands that Art uses, very fine material. Sorry, I don't have a photo of the sweatband handy, but can add one if there is interest. There is no wear to it, no ripped seams or anything.

Last edited:

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
One and only price reduction to $440 shipped worldwide.

This Montecristi has a very nice, even weave and a consistenly clear ivory straw color. You won't be disappointed.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Wow such a nice hat. Best of luck on the sale. If it was a 7 1/2 we would be talking business....lol!

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Could use some dollares elsewhere, so I'm reducing this to $350 shipped worldwide.

Confucius say, one bird in hand is worth ten that fly away.

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
yes. I would recommend a reblock, though, which is certainly possible, especially with a finer Monti like this one. They're tougher than one might think.
Stretching is still an option.

Ormazd

One of the Regulars
That's a gorgeous hat. If I didn't have one on order from Panama Bob already, I'd be all over it. Can't believe it hasn't sold yet, TBH.

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Still available at $350 shipped worldwide. This is a steal for a 576wpsi Montecristi with an extremely even 24x24 weave.

This hat is an beautiful work of art; obviously well cared for (and loved) by Nik. And WHAT a BARGAIN!! I wish it fit me!

Last edited:

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
I'm sending you an email.

Basically and for the others as well, I'm mainly interested in selling as I could use the money. Perhaps we can sweeten the deal a little by lowering the price a tad more. It's pretty much a steal as it is, but as Confucius say... one bird in hand etc.

Nevertheless, I'd love to see pics of that bag you mentioned.

Last edited:

MacAero

New in Town
Hm, if your trade deal doesn't work I'm eventually interested. PM me if you like, may be with a slightly lowered price...

kind regards from Ol'Germany
Roland

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Hm, if your trade deal doesn't work I'm eventually interested. PM me if you like, may be with a slightly lowered price...

Roland

I'd much rather sell it than trade, and I haven't heard back from ideaguy anyway. If you want it, we'll work out a deal. I just sent you a PM although I'm not sure if it'll go through. There is or at least was the rule that newcomers need 15 posts before they can send and receive PM - perhaps this has changed.

Anyway if you read this, you can also contact me by email to nkoos [at] gmx [dot] de

Last edited:

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab

Roland

P.S.: I can sweeten the deal by adding a black hatbox from Art Fawcett, complete with insert. Boxes like these normally cost $50 or something. It's no use sending one of these overseas because of the added shipping expense (box size limits), but for shipping within Germany it's perfect and you'll have the ideal storage for your Panama, especially off-season. It keeps the straw away from dust and UV rays, and preserves it by not subjecting it to dry indoors air in the winter.
Aside from that, I can lower the price a little more. Just send me an email.

Since you're new to the Lounge, you can assure yourself of my integrity as a seller in the Classifieds by looking at my started threads (through my profile). You'll find lots of Classifieds threads among them, mostly vintage hats.
Finally, as for PayPal vs. bank transfer - it's all the same to me, and the 1.9% fees within Germany won't make that much difference to me either. It's your choice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner