Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Near-mint Bill Kelso Roughwear A-2 40 Tall

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Good evening,
I am selling my (nearly brand-new) Bill Kelso A-2 jacket, in the Roughwear 23380 contract. It is made from beautiful russet horsehide, has a dull-orange cotton lining and olive drab thread. It is a "wartime" size 40, with a 27.5" back and longer sleeves. Has been worn a few times (twice in the rain to break it in), but it only three days old. Unfortunately, it is a bit small for me so I am moving on. It is a great jacket. Asking for $450, originally paid about $750 for the jacket. You save $300. Comes from a smoking home. Would be great for a taller guy with about a 38 chest. Free shipping.
Thanks!
-Nick

photo1-2.jpg

photo4-1.jpg

photo2-1.jpg

photo3-1.jpg

photo5-1.jpg

image-2.jpg

image-1.jpg

a-2front.jpg

image.jpg

image-3.jpg

Last edited:

irow

New in Town
can you post the measurements (chest, shoulders, sleeve length (including the ribbing)?

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Pit to pit:20 Inches
Shoulder to shoulder: 17 inches
Back length from collar seam to end of knit: 27 inches
Sleeve length measured from shoulder seam to end of knit (along top): 27 inches

nick123

I'll Lock Up
I can't! It was a custom size- I had a few inches added to the body and sleeves. I have a feeling this will be a hard sell, as this one is for a guy 6' or taller.

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
The jacket doesn't look small. What is your problem with it? Chances are you're just not used to high armholes. Looks like a keeper to me.

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Try stretching them yet? Get the sleeves at the pit good and wet then carefully stretch over your knee. Kinda sorta worked for my BK with the same issue. On the other hand, I'm seriously considering selling mine as well (for the same reason)!!

nick123

I'll Lock Up
There is a lot of discomfort in the arm/shoulder area. To the point of not being able to focus on anything else. The jacket looks like a million bucks though. Does the jacket relax a bit in this area? I am mildly concerned about splitting the seams.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Try stretching them yet? Get the sleeves at the pit good and wet then carefully stretch over your knee. Kinda sorta worked for my BK with the same issue. On the other hand, I'm seriously considering selling mine as well (for the same reason)!!

I will try that today. Maybe I've been too rash. Again, no fault to anyone here. I am just very, very OCD, (maybe maniacal) about jackets.

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Nick, if I were you, I'd put it on the Bay at the BIN price you initially established. Then if it doesn't sell try to stretch it. If you're as OCD as me you won't ever truly e happy with it so you should probably just part with it while its still mint

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot