Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS:NEW Thorogood Beloit mens boots horween leather size 12.5 D black

buler

I'll Lock Up
For Sale:

Thorogood Beloit boots (model number 814-6532)
Black Horween Chomexcel leather
Goodyear Welt - can be resoled
These are marked 13 D for size. They run a half size off so these will fit 12.5 D best.

These are seconds from the factory store. No real obvious issue with the boots. See the photos for full view.

$180.00 plus shipping.

DSC_1782 (1024x590).jpg
DSC_1783 (1024x587).jpg
DSC_1784 (1024x585).jpg
DSC_1785 (1024x573).jpg
DSC_1786 (1024x623).jpg
IMG_1454 (1024x768).jpg

The Thorogood 1892 collection consists of storm welted boots made of 100% American made materials in the Weinbrenner Marshfield, WI factory. Named after Wisconsin cities founded in the 1800's, the Thorogood 1892 collection consists of small batch boots utilizing over 100 years of Weinbrenner's welting and work boot last development. The Beloit Boot is built on the #60 last which Thorogood developed in the 1950s for workers who needed more room in the toe box. Today the #60 last is their best fitting boot shape.

• Union Made in Marshfield, WI
  • 814-6532
  • 1892 Collection
  • Built on the Thorogood #60 Last
  • Black Horween Chromexcel Upper
  • Goodyear Storm Welted in Marshfield, WI
  • Engineered composite shank
  • Oil Resistant Black Cork Outsole
  • Removable Dual Density Shock Absorption Footbed

I have a pair that are fantastic. I got mine new, on sale (in brown), for the same price. Not seconds. I will say this - Thorogood's premium line boots are better than Red Wings. I love my RW, but I have now 4 pairs of Thorogoods and that will grow...

Only pick I'll nit with you is on sizing. All of mine are 13. Had they made a 12.5, that would be perfect. Thoro's tend to run large. So if you're a 12-12.5, I'd argue that these are going to be too large.

buler

I'll Lock Up
ButteMT61, I'm not sure what you are saying about sizing that conflicts with what I've already said?? These are marked size 13 and I'm recommending they will fit more like a 12.5. I have many (too many) Thorogood boots and they are usually a half size off.

Edit: Now that I've read your statement again, I see that you find they run large. Hmmm. Again, I've found they run about a half size smaller fit than marked.

I can measure the inside footbed for anyone interested in these boots.

B

Yeah, most guys find them a .5 size large - some even a full size. But for me, it's not a big deal, I wear med/heavy merino wool socks all year long. They are fantastic boots. if someone with a 12.5 put in an insole and wore goto socks, they'd fit.

Hell, since I have the brown, I may try the black if I run out of things to do with my money..

buler

I'll Lock Up
If your going to get brown, you should try the Thorogood Tomahawk. Those look great!

Dropping price to $170 + shipping.

B

Christo

New in Town
Hi-all set. They may be a tad too big, but I can make it work. Two critical questions.

#1. Can you verify the boots are chromexcel?

#2. How can I ensure I will receive the boots via secure method?
-with eBay or other sites/methods, I can ensure I receive the boots
- No offense to you, but am new to this site and have not established a trust level yet

Thanks!
Yes, let me know once you've checked fit. You would be paying thru paypal.

B
please let me know how this could could best be managed through a secure transaction

buler

I'll Lock Up
Christo, I have been on the lounge for 8 years and have participated heavily in the hats forum. There are many members who could vouch for me. If you'd like to pay the extra fees we could do the boots thru ebay. I hate to give them any more money than necessary.

As far as question #1 goes, here is the website link from the manufacturer stating it is chromexcel -> http://www.weinbrennerusa.com/dspNavCategory.cfm?rootid=168&catid=170

B

Christo

New in Town
Can you let me know if you want
Christo, I have been on the lounge for 8 years and have participated heavily in the hats forum. There are many members who could vouch for me. If you'd like to pay the extra fees we could do the boots thru ebay. I hate to give them any more money than necessary.

As far as question #1 goes, here is the website link from the manufacturer stating it is chromexcel -> http://www.weinbrennerusa.com/dspNavCategory.cfm?rootid=168&catid=170

B
ok. I hope you can appreciate that this is a leap of faith on my part. Let me know how Ud like to Arrange the pay pal arrangement and I can issue payment

If you're coming into an establishment, you become part of the group. People here have rarely ever reported being hosed by a longtime member.
Paypal offers protection too, so I'd wager its not much of a leap...

Christo

New in Town
Ok. I didn't want to be that guy. Just jaded.

Please let me know details on
how I can issue payment

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace