Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Price Drop - Art Fawcett Vintage Silhouttes 7 3/8 LO

PhilS

One of the Regulars
My original post has met with a collective yawn. I guess I should have let everyone beat me up for listing it at $250, if only to generate some interest. Now $225 plus shipping.

It kills me to give up on a hat when it fits, but I've had this one over two years and I have worn it exactly once. It's a wonderful Art Fawcett design, selected by him rather than me. I think it's a gorgeous hat, but because of the high crown I think it needs a taller man to carry it off.

Colors sometimes translate badly on monitors. The band is a light green. The hat is off-white. (I don't have Art's swatches to say exactly what his color label is).

I saw the grief that everyone gave another recent VS seller, but I am still asking $250 plus shipping. The high-quality VS box comes with the hat.
IMG_0232.jpg
IMG_0276.jpg
IMG_0966.jpg

Last edited:

azhiker

One of the Regulars
Could you give a shot of the crease..and a little info about the brim diminsions..etc. Fine hat..I MAY be interested. Also how tall is the crown? Thanks..Les

PhilS

One of the Regulars
I still haven't done anything to sell this hat. I haven't worn it since the original post, and am about to put it on Ebay.

As to color, I think it is Art's "Sand". I will check out the crown and brim measurements.

PhilS

One of the Regulars
PS: I have a second VS that I will be selling, a Stratoliner clone in a beige (although I steamed it into more of a western look). I'll get pictures if anyone wants to see them.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Seeing how that hat is something that would probably fit me, I am finding myself fairly interested in them both!

PhilS

One of the Regulars
VS Sold - New Hats Posted Under Separate Thread

The VS in this listing has been sold. I have another VS for sale, and three additional hats - an Akubra Campdraft, an Open Road (with a NY shmutz stain issue), and an Open Road clone. I'll post them separately as soon as I can upload the photos.

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The VS in this listing has been sold. I have another VS for sale, and three additional hats - an Akubra Campdraft, an Open Road (with a NY shmutz stain issue), and an Open Road clone. I'll post them separately as soon as I can upload the photos.

What brand is the clone? Possible interest expressed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL