Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Schott P665 Asset Size Medium

deepestbluest

One of the Regulars
You know the jacket: heavy Chromexcel Steerhide, black metal hardware, wool herringbone lining in classic cafe racer cut.

This jacket is in great condition and hasn't been broken in, still relatively stiff. It does show scratches and minor wear due to the nature of the CXL leather (see detail).

The leather itself has a pull-up quality to it, thick and robust, but a bit of brown shows through the black and it's just gorgeous to look it. This jacket was definitely made to be worn constantly.

After much scrutinization, I've decided it unfortunately doesn't fit me - it's a large 40, perhaps a small 42. Measurements are pictured.
Pit-to-pit: 21"
Shoulder: 18.5"
Waist: 20.5"
Sleeve: 26"
Length: 25.5"

$700 shipped for this gorgeous jacket. Will be listed on eBay by this evening as well.

_KMS5521.jpg _KMS5522.jpg _KMS5511.jpg _KMS5512.jpg _KMS5514.jpg _KMS5517.jpg _KMS5519.jpg _KMS5523.jpg

Last edited:

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
When I tried a M in this style, I also found that the fit just wasn't working for me. It's too tight for a 42, but would probably work as a 40. When I went up to a L, I found it too big, so I'm SOL on this model, which is a shame, because it's the heaviest CXL I've seen used in a Schott jacket, and a fantastic style. If they had something halfway between M and L, I could have rocked it.

deepestbluest

One of the Regulars
Copy that man. I'm the same way, just in between a Medium and a Small. It's seriously one of the nicest and heaviest weight steerhide I've handled/worn. I'm typically a 36 or 38 with long torso and long arms, so someone who's a solid 40 or even just a tiny bigger, I think this would be a great fit.

Last edited:

GW KY

Practically Family
I've had issues with schott L being too big and m too small as well. Can't find the sweet spot

Vanson on the other hand has been great to me, live and learn

trainspotter

A-List Customer
Is this Horsehide or steerhide? Schott has been sellling the steerhide version since 2017. There was a horsehide version called P665H which was sold in 2016 as a limited run

deepestbluest

One of the Regulars
ah! apologies. This is definitely the steerhide. I just checked. The jacket was purchased just a couple months ago, so definitely not the the 2016 run.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21