Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Vintage Dobbs 7 1/2 LO

Alex

Practically Family
Another classic from the 60s. Nice purple color (pictures shown in various lighting). Guild edge. Wind trolley. Reeded sweat is worn on the edges. Liner is stained a bit.
Asking $60 shipped OBO.

Specs (in inches):
Size - 7 1/2 LO
Brim - 1 3/4
Crown - 5 1/2 Open
Band - 2

IMG_0983.JPG

IMG_0984.JPG

IMG_0985.JPG

IMG_0989.JPG

IMG_0988.JPG

IMG_0987.JPG

bond

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It wasnt sold to me and I feel like you just disregarded my earnest tender offer to purchase.

bond

Everyone, pay attention. There was an invitation to purchase by the seller by offer, I placed my offer at 6 am this morning hearing nothing until 1 pm and Alex then tells me it's sold. How would any of you react? I wasn't even given a refusal of my offer or a counter offer. This in my opinion is not how two parties negotiate a sale. I don't think it's fair to me that's all I am saying. It's called dirty pool and I ll be sure not to do any business with you on the future Alex . You have burnt that bridge.

Rick Blaine

Everyone, pay attention. There was an invitation to purchase by the seller by offer, I placed my offer at 6 am this morning hearing nothing until 1 pm and Alex then tells me it's sold. How would any of you react? I wasn't even given a refusal of my offer or a counter offer. This in my opinion is not how two parties negotiate a sale. I don't think it's fair to me that's all I am saying. It's called dirty pool and I ll be sure not to do any business with you on the future Alex . You have burnt that bridge.

I understand your POV. Right of first refusal on the sellers' counter would've been considerate & courteous for him to have extend to you if you had made the initial offer, as it seems you did.

7 1/2 stingies are common tho', no sweat, eh? [huh]

Just tryin' to pour oil upon the waters, ya' know.

Last edited:

bond

Yes, and then Alex has the audacity to ask if I want to make a higher bid then the most recent person that he has supposedly sold it too on top of it. Can you believe that? What's every last buyer to believe, that they have really bought the hat or bought a story from Alex where the price keeps going up until he's finally satisfied with a price?

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
This is why, in the Fedora Lounge Classifieds section, "fixed price" threads work much better than "make me an offer" threads. In the recent past, Bond has sold and bought fixed-price things on the Lounge, and all has gone smoothly for him and the other parties.

Rick Blaine

Agreed. It is in the rules for selling in the classifieds, no? (I am too lazy to look). Haggling is one thing. Playing both ends against the middle is something else again.

Last edited:

bond

Yes, it is the principal here that matters to me most, I could care less about the hat, Alex didn't follow through with his due diligence and give me an opportunity to respond either with a right to negotiate or buy,and so in the process he has lost trust ,after all that is all we have here in this forum ,is someones word nothing more nothing less, this is what I am angry about and would have been even angrier had he been selling an expensive Borsalino and he did this.

Alex

Practically Family
I have already apologized,
but I do admit that I've handled this wrongly. It was an honest mistake. I was thinking in terms of straight offers, rather than buyers.
Forgive me that I don't understand correct sales protocol. I'm no business man, just a student trying to make a few extra bucks.
Not playing the sympathy card here either, just being honest.
I will make sure to handle any future transactions with courtesy and respect to any parties involved.
I take full responsibility for it, and my personal apology goes to Scott.
-Alex

Last edited:

Rick Blaine

I have already apologized,
but I do admit that I've handled this wrongly. It was an honest mistake. I was thinking in terms of straight offers, rather than buyers.
Forgive me that I don't understand correct sales protocol. I'm no business man, just a student trying to make a few extra bucks.
Not playing the sympathy card here either, just being honest.
I will make sure to handle any future transactions with courtesy and respect to any parties involved.
I take full responsibility for it, and my personal apology goes to Scott.
-Alex

Understood.

That is why I almost always go the eBay route, unless I think it is an item unique enough to be kept within this loose "community". It puts a layer of separation & structure to the process... that ...and I am a greedy SOB! :D

bond

Alex, thank you for maning up to your mistake! I appreciate your intelligence to do so. I am not out to vilify anyone, I just want fairness out of this process here of buying and selling.
So thank you and I accept your apology. Let's move on.

Sam Craig

One Too Many
Alex, continue in this character building and you will be a maturing man all of us Loungers can be proud of. You will also stand head and shoulders above your contemporaries who do not have character.
We are proud of any student, or adult, who will at least try to do the right thing and admit when they fall short.

Marc, you are so right about the fixed price. That avoids a lot of misunderstandings.

As always, Loungers are the best!

Sam

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR