Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

StoryPNW

One Too Many

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many

Altiori

One of the Regulars
My apologies; I posted this in “Ask A Question “ but should have posted here:

Was in St Augustine, FL coming back from a business trip in Miami and stopped by the Panama Hat Company of St Augustine there.. Been there before and purchased a nice Toyo straw beater lid that still looks pretty good.

I was quite impressed by their stock. A full range of Borsalinos, Stetson, and their own array of beautiful Panamas—some of which they craft. All beautiful.

Tony Lippi is the second generation owner. Been in business for over 40 years. All family. Business doing quite well. Pauline and Maria offer excellent customer service.

Tony was in Italy visiting Borsalino’s factory last year and has some excellent photos of the shop and process. He really knows his hats and was a pleasure to chat with.

I loved this Dobbs Milan telescope. Ideal venting. A new addition for hot and humid Savannah. Fun and classic.

Stop by or check out their website.

MyPanamaHat.com
IMG_5474.jpeg
IMG_5473.jpeg
IMG_5472.jpeg

VoodooSan

Practically Family
My apologies; I posted this in “Ask A Question “ but should have posted here:

Was in St Augustine, FL coming back from a business trip in Miami and stopped by the Panama Hat Company of St Augustine there.. Been there before and purchased a nice Toyo straw beater lid that still looks pretty good.

I was quite impressed by their stock. A full range of Borsalinos, Stetson, and their own array of beautiful Panamas—some of which they craft. All beautiful.

Tony Lippi is the second generation owner. Been in business for over 40 years. All family. Business doing quite well. Pauline and Maria offer excellent customer service.

Tony was in Italy visiting Borsalino’s factory last year and has some excellent photos of the shop and process. He really knows his hats and was a pleasure to chat with.

I loved this Dobbs Milan telescope. Ideal venting. A new addition for hot and humid Savannah. Fun and classic.

Stop by or check out their website.

MyPanamaHat.com View attachment 612375 View attachment 612376 View attachment 612377
VERY sharp!!

VoodooSan

Practically Family
I think maybe it’s time to stop buying brown 60s to 70s fedoras. :D My other Kevin McAndrew arrived yesterday, and it’s ALMOST a twin of my first one. Still, it will be today's wear. This one is the “Skyhawk”, and it has a 1 &7/8” brim with a bottom-sewn edge, and a crown that’s 4” at the front crush, and 4.5” on the sides, with a 2” ribbon. From more than five feet away, it’s indistinguishable from the other KM. Time to start gently applying the brakes to this particular aspect of my obsession. o_O

Edited with pics that have been color adjusted to compensate for the original lack of sunlight!

Kevin McAndrew Skyhawk 1.jpg
Kevin McAndrew Skyhawk 2.jpg
Kevin McAndrew Skyhawk 3.jpg
Kevin McAndrew Skyhawk 4.jpg
Kevin McAndrew Skyhawk 5.jpg

Last edited:

RickP

Familiar Face
After yesterdays new arrival was found to have a bit of a tear in the sweatband anyway, I got brave and decided to give it a good cleaning. Sat out on the patio with a 5 gal bucket and a can or white gas, sloshing and rinsing for about 45 minutes. Got an amazing amount of gunk out! Looks way better as a Silverbelly rather than a dull gray lol. Im thinking about replacing the sweatband with decent actual leather one that I have in the parts box, upgrading the ribbon with one just a bit wider, and adding a matching ribbon binding to the brim (to cover a couple moth nibbles). No one will have one exactly like it when done! lol
Compress_20240508_072413_3127.jpg

RickP

Familiar Face
Just got a new box from the nice mailman..... Found a nice pre broken in leather flight jacket on ebay...Should pair nicely with the hats... Unfortunately here in SE Texas it will prob be late October before I can wear it outside lol ( it 82 degrees and 100% humidity here right now.. Oh well... Im ready for fall!
Compress_20240508_114046_6806.jpg

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
Pseudo-whippet Wednesday.

I have struggled to find the right bash for my King’s Umbrella custom job. I don’t think I will ever order another crown taller than 5-5/8. This 5-3/4 is wasted on me: I’ve dropped it all the way down and I like it a lot better this way.

I am Including an interior shot even though there are no markings because this is probably the most comfortable and attractive interior I own.

If Alan starts making hats again for the same price, I highly recommend it.
IMG_1572.jpeg

IMG_1573.jpeg

IMG_1577.jpeg

IMG_1579.jpeg

IMG_1574.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff