Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fs: Vintage Resistol San Antonio (Open Road style) 7-3/8

TPD166

One Too Many
This is a Byer-Rolnick era Resistol San Antonio (but not marked as to the model)/ “Open Road styled” hat in a tawny/medium brown color. As I recall, it was 3X quality marked on the sweatband. The hat came to me with a cattleman crease and was in “well used” (but not abused) condition. It was completely refurbished and blocked with a teardrop crown by Paris Hatters in San Antonio, TX, earlier this year. The ribbon edge, ribbon band, and liner are all original, but the sweatband could not be saved and is new.

The hat is in excellent condition overall (I will update with the brim width, etc. when I get home, but forgot to bring the info with me to work - I think the brim is either 2-1/2" or 2-5/8" - that's why I included a noggin-shot). This is one of my favorite hats, but I have other similar hats and the herd must be thinned!

Asking $100 shipped in the U.S.

If you are interested, or have questions, please send me a PM or email me thru Fedora Lounge (email is preferred – however, I no longer post my email address due to some unprofessional emails from non-FL members in the past).
Resistol_Brn1.jpg

Resistol_Brn2.jpg

Resistol_Brn.jpg

Last edited:

TPD166

One Too Many
Black Friday Sale - price drop to $90.00 shipped in the U.S.!

I will also consider trades for a vintage Resistol Open Road styles (San Antonio, Dalworth, etc.), or other brands, in silverbelly - size 7-3/8 to 7-1/2.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner