Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: VINTAGE STETSON PLAYBOY NEAR MINT 7 1/2 or 23 in

Terry "The Hat"

Practically Family
OK Even-Steven. I need a loose 7 1/2. A 7 5/8 is usually too big on me. Measure this hat one more time and tell me in your honest opinion if it will fit my 7 1/2 melon and if so I'll take it at $250 shipped. If you feel it will be too tight then we'll pass. I just bought a stock 60 yr old Borso in 7 1/2 and it fits perfect. Same thing with the early 40's Stratoliner I just bought. I'd really like to have your hat!!!!

Terry "The Hat"

Practically Family
OK, so after my PM answer from Even (that's his first name isn't it?), I've determined that the Playboy should fit. I measured four of my hats and they all fell within his lenght times width measurments so I'm gonna take the chance. The Playboy is finally SOLD so you can quit bumping the crap out of this thread-LOL!

This will pretty much empy my bucket list. For now I've dropped the Whippet out of it since somebody paid a STUPID $403.00 for the one I was bidding on yesterday. Can you believe that somebody paid more for a Whippet than most Strats, Playboys or Borsolinos go for?? I guess I'm just not good enough (or rich enough) to own one of the "cheap comman man" hats of the 40's and 50's. I'll have to stick to the lower priced primo hats that we all cherish here on the Lounge! Rant over!!!! Is my Playboy in the mail yet?

randooch

I'll Lock Up
You crack me up, Terry!

I came THIS close to snagging the Playboy, but told myself I couldn't if I also won the S100. Must set limits, or so I'm told. :)

Eager for noggin shots, and congratulations on a far finer hat than the lowly Whippet!

Terry "The Hat"

Practically Family
Hey Buddy, I would have been fine with you buying it. I just sold a couple of nice minor league hats on EBay and my FedIV here on the lounge so I had some extra cash burning a hole in my jeans. I don't think we could lose with a beautiful hat like this for this kind of price. If it was way too small I'd list it back here at the same price before posting it at the Bay for an arm and a leg!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou