Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Walter Dyer Cross-zip, Faded Brown sz. 42

Possibly the best jacket I have ever owned. Own. But turns out, it just isn't for me because of three reasons;
1. It's too conservative and I don't know what to wear it with - Reason I'll kick myself over some 5 years down the line but c'est la vie.
2. It's a size too big. Just right at the threshold of being almost perfect yet not wearable as over-sized. Annoying place to be at.
3. I hate seeing @ton312 always being criticized for selling all of his perfect jackets so this is just to show everyone that this is a perfectly normal, healthy thing to be doing. Underlined 100.

So! Walter Dyer cross zip, size 42 Regular. Actual full-grain, natural cowhide! I THINK it used to be black but it faded toward deep brown tea-core with time.
I needn't even mention how thick this leather is. WD jackets are known for it and this one's about as thick and heavy as it is humanely possible. 2mm or more at places. I think the jacket weighs around 5 kg.
Two hand-warmers. One inside pocket. Heavy, quilted lining. Side laces.

Price is: $390 + Shipping. Paypal. Friends/Family. Reasonable offer will be considered. Shipping to US is $50. Again, it's a HEAVY jacket.

I'm not letting go of this cheap. I know you can find a cheaper Walter Dyer. I also know that I won't be able to find a jacket that looks, let alone performs like this. To me, this is perfection. If you agree, then this is a bargain as this *is* a grail piece.
If you don't agree, would a lower price really help in making it perfect? No, it wouldn't. So...

Condition? Doesn't apply here. This jacket is forever and immortal. It will only fade and crease and that's about it.
Right pocket zipper pull tab broke off & I replaced it with a chain pull - And - there's a surface scrape over the left shoulder gusset (visible on the photo) which I think you can buff out. That's that.

Measurements are...
⁃ P2P: 55+cm / 21.5+ inches <- Hard to measure precisely, leather is too thick & the jacket can't lay flat. 22" would be most accurate, I think. . .
⁃ Shoulders: 48 cm / 19"
⁃ Hem: 53-ish cm / 21-ish inch <- Adjustable.
⁃ Back: 68 cm / 26.7"
⁃ Sleeves: 65 cm / 25.5"

Any questions? Ask away. Shipping from EU, as always.

20221113-132908-0.jpg

20221113-132913.jpg

20221113-132920.jpg

20221113-132926.jpg

20221113-132934.jpg

20221113-133004-0.jpg

20221113-133010.jpg

20221113-133018.jpg

20221113-133023.jpg

20221113-133025.jpg

20210201-112518.jpg

Last edited:

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
WD jackets are built like a tank! And very wearable pliable thick leather. Mine has leather lined pockets which I believe this one has them too. Lots and lots of leather in a WD jacket.
GLWS!

Really great jacket although a bit too long in the back for me.
Your sales pitches are always a pleasure to read and amongst the finest.....GLWS
Thank you! I appreciate it.

WD jackets are built like a tank! And very wearable pliable thick leather. Mine has leather lined pockets which I believe this one has them too. Lots and lots of leather in a WD jacket.
GLWS!
Nah, this one's got canvas lined pockets. My first one had pockets lined in I don't even know what. Kevlar or something.

That thing is thick as a brick. As fine an example of a Walter Dyer as I've seen. When they put "Walter Dyer IS leather" on the tag, they weren't kidding with that one.
This is the nicest example that I personally have seen. Check it out how the collar is still black on the inside, for some reason. Same with the entire inside of the jacket; Every part of the jacket that had been shielded from the sun remained jet black, which only makes it cooler. Definition of natural wear.

Beautiful jacket! You're going to regret letting this one go ;-)
Chalk one up on the big board. :)

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Really nice one there Monitor!! If the Pit to Pit was a little larger, I would sure consider it. I could barely slip that on, let alone ever zip it up. It's build better than most tanks were built.

@Monitor you should be writing novels or working for a major international firm writing sales pitch description. You are a master with words. Love to read your descriptions, nothing is ever in my size but I find myself feeling like I’ve got to have it.

Thank you for saying that. Would love to have a job like that, honestly. It would be cool though I'd have problem with clothes I don't like as I genuinely do feel the way I write about the stuff that I am selling here.

Really nice one there Monitor!! If the Pit to Pit was a little larger, I would sure consider it. I could barely slip that on, let alone ever zip it up. It's build better than most tanks were built.

It's a good one, Randy. Shame it wouldn't fit you, though. I think you'd be very happy with it, otherwise.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Thank you for saying that. Would love to have a job like that, honestly. It would be cool though I'd have problem with clothes I don't like as I genuinely do feel the way I write about the stuff that I am selling here.

It's a good one, Randy. Shame it wouldn't fit you, though. I think you'd be very happy with it, otherwise.
Start a review website, I'd sub. (and many others I think). Guaranteed to be entertaining.

The best jacket that ever graced the Classifieds is still available. You don't have to drop $2K for an infinitely inferior FCL copy - Get the real thing.

Wardo1974

A-List Customer
Why not just hit the gym for a couple months, put on 10 pounds or so, and then the Grail jacket would fit! No?

It's not just cool but it's also a very warm, winter jacket. I've sold most of my jackets by now with only this one remaining and I'm already getting inclined to maybe keep it so act fast. Open to offers that won't insult me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ