Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: WWII/1940s USN Pea Coat - Size 38S

3onaMatch

One of the Regulars
Too many jackets in my closet! The herd must be thinned. Here’s a vintage 1940s U.S. Navy pea coat in great vintage condition. I believe this is from the mid- to late ‘40s, possibly late-WWII. Any pea coat experts out there, I’d love to hear some guidance. All 10 buttons are present and in good shape (no stars around the anchors).

All-in-all, this is a nice coat and very wearable. Most notable areas are some wear to the inside collar and lining near the collar seam. Inside corduroy pockets show some spotty discoloration and thread is visible on the inside pocket where one button appears to have been sewn back on at some point. The rest of the lining and the exterior melton wool look to be in very good condition.

Size tag is not present. I wear a 38S in suit jackets and this fits perfectly. Nice trim, flattering fit, with enough room for a thick sweater.

Measurements:

Sleeve (from shoulder seam to end of sleeve): 25”
Back (from collar seam to bottom): 30.75”
Epaulette (from collar seam to shoulder seam): 7”
Pit-to-pit (front, laying flat): 20”
Shoulders (front, flat): 17.75”

Asking price is $185 shipped CONUS. Will ship overseas at extra cost to buyer.

_DSF7023.jpg

_DSF7031.jpg

_DSF7025.jpg

_DSF7022.jpg

_DSF7030.jpg

_DSF7028.jpg

_DSF7027.jpg

DSCF6486.jpg

DSCF6507.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members