Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hi new here. Is wearing a leather jacket basically an invitation for trouble?

bigmanbigtruck

One of the Regulars
The only trouble I envision is having a good comeback to the question: "Where is your bike"?
That's exactly what happened when I showed up to work with it...

There's a lady who sits a couple of desks from me that showed up with a cross-zip and leather pants (on separate occasions though)... no questions asked lol

One Drop

One of the Regulars
That's exactly what happened when I showed up to work with it...

There's a lady who sits a couple of desks from me that showed up with a cross-zip and leather pants (on separate occasions though)... no questions asked lol

I like comments like that, because they identify the dumbbells and the actively boring, who I generally try to avoid.

Like the guy that yelled out 'Where's your horse' across the street to me from the bar terrace he was sitting at, no doubt convinced it was the most original and hilarious comment ever made. His friends thought it was way funnier when I yelled back that he should perhaps ask his mom.

Last edited:

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
I‘ve gotten in more trouble wearing my non leather jackets than any of my leather jackets. Wearing a Levis corduroy trucker doesn‘t work in your favor with the „randomized“ control checks at European airports… nor does wearing a M-65 at „randomized“ police controls.

Meanwhile, I had no government officials nor other folk ever harass me when wearing leather. A black leather jacket does appear to still intimidate some folk though; I recall an encounter on the train where I startled a woman when I confronted her with a sharp remark about her unfit behaviour which I atleast partially attribute to wearing mean black leather as well as an elevator situation where I just entered and the other (female) passenger going all wide-eyed upon me stepping in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic