Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hi new here. Is wearing a leather jacket basically an invitation for trouble?

bolted

New in Town
Geez,
This reading here is the third time I’ve ever heard of machine washing* heavy or light leathers.
Leathers have saved many an individual I know from bad/bloody/broken & multiply abrasive crashes. Including me. ;)

bolted

New in Town
you know 'machine wash' and '400 spin' are code phrases right..?
No, no, I do not.
However as stated;
I’ve actually seen leather jackets put into standard front load washing machines and well governed in actual clothing driers cycles, on low. :confused: /shrug /

No doubt I can try this sites particular search function for that phrases inference. What I saw, I thought was genuine.
Of course A.I.s exempted from my interpretation, my eyes actually saw it., online pictorially or so I believe.
NoBigDeal.

Last edited:

bolted

New in Town
It’s unfortunate I strayed from the threads topic.
I’d never heard of putting leather*, real leather.
In a washing machine, like sox, Ts & undies.
/shrug /:confused:
Back to your question OP, it puzzles me why anyone would care what type leather coat you were wearing.
/ shrug /:confused:
Different strokes for different folks and all that.:)

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Back to your question OP, it puzzles me why anyone would care what type leather coat you were wearing.
don't use detergent to wash leather jacket, putting the jacket in water and tumble it around is fine, just emulating wearing it in rain which is fine, it will help break in a brand new leather, the same with jeans, the first soak will settle the stitching more into the material and all the seams settle in to each other with shrinkage and stretch of the materials, same in leather

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I’ve yet to run a jacket through the washing machine though I have washed a number of them in the bathtub. I’ve run many through the dryer, following a wash, and sometimes on high heat when I wanted to shrink the jacket. I have yet to destroy anything but I’ve come close to overshrinking a time or two.

Yamahana

One Too Many
This Schott might be the exception for the OP. Stay away from this one if you’re concerned about trouble.
IMG_7744.jpeg
IMG_7745.jpeg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3951116086...Y9BVxGkSP6&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Dbtk44

New in Town
About the only time I would see the wearing of a leather jacket as an invitation to trouble, would be if one were to wear a motorcycle jacket with "Motorcycle club" patching to a biker bar (rockers, 1% diamond, ANY MC club logo, etc), and NOT be a member of a Motorcycle Club.

Do that, and the odds of drinking all your meals thru a straw for the next 30 days increase astronomically. Anything besides MC Club patches, or even no patches, and nobody will bother you.

Wearing those stupid "Lone Wolf, No Club" rockers is about a 50/50 chance...

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
About the only time I would see the wearing of a leather jacket as an invitation to trouble, would be if one were to wear a motorcycle jacket with "Motorcycle club" patching to a biker bar (rockers, 1% diamond, ANY MC club logo, etc), and NOT be a member of a Motorcycle Club.

Do that, and the odds of drinking all your meals thru a straw for the next 30 days increase astronomically. Anything besides MC Club patches, or even no patches, and nobody will bother you.

even this probably only happen in selected parts of the world, I bet In Hong Kong, Japan, China, the whole south east asia, west asia, the whole continent on africa, even selected parts of europe, you can wear your biker wannabe and sons of anarchy patches like a costume party. since everybody either ride bus or cars or mopeds.

Dbtk44

New in Town
even this probably only happen in selected parts of the world, I bet In Hong Kong, Japan, China, the whole south east asia, west asia, the whole continent on africa, even selected parts of europe, you can wear your biker wannabe and sons of anarchy patches like a costume party. since everybody either ride bus or cars or mopeds.
Agreed, most places around the globe MC "culture" isn't anywhere near as common as the USA, and one probably wouldn't get much more than an amused reaction.

Yeah Those Sons of Anarchy patches...
Never been in an MC, and never will be, but even I shake my head when I see those.
Feel the same way when I see the guys in the harley jacket, harley boots, harley bandana, harley belt, harley rings, harley chaps, harley t-shirt, harley gloves....don't know which is worse, a wannabe or a walking billboard.

This thread is still a laugh but I have to admit, that stupid jacket with pins and badges that I've been wearing for the last three days, it does produce an effect prominent enough that I have hanged the jacket in the wardrobe yesterday evening with no intention of ever taking it out again. . .

Dbtk44

New in Town
This thread is still a laugh but I have to admit, that stupid jacket with pins and badges that I've been wearing for the last three days, it does produce an effect prominent enough that I have hanged the jacket in the wardrobe yesterday evening with no intention of ever taking it out again. . .
There's a time and a place for (almost) everything...if you're not feeling it anymore, no shame in hanging it up for a while.

Here or real world?

Real world. I don't fear TFL.

Dumb question in hindsight. Haha.

The pins aren’t a cause for concern in the US, outside the occasional dick looking for anything to cause trouble but one can’t help those. Is there some sort of military patch or a design similar to some club? I’m intrigued.

Edward

Bartender

Never did get those. I mean.... how do you show you're not in an MC? well, you just don't wear any club colours. Simple. Those three-patch 'lone wolf' things only suggest one of two things to me - somebody who really wants to be in an MC but can't cut it for whatever reason and this is a way of getting to wear the "cool patches", or somebody who thinks the whole thing is a joke and they're deliberately taking the mickey. Either I imagine would get you a beating in the right/wrong circumstances.

What's even more ridiculous are those guys that appear on Facebook as "lone wolf" types, arranging with each other to go on runs together.... so odd.

Got someone locally sporting a ‘Sons of Anarchy’ cut around town…defo a p*ss taking coming their way some-when

Yeah. Notably, the official merchandise from that show never includes the bottom (territorial claim) rocker. There as plenty of cosplay versions that do - and almost as many warning video on youtube of real MCs "confiscating" them from folks wearing them out and about posing.

Dumb question in hindsight. Haha.

The pins aren’t a cause for concern in the US, outside the occasional dick looking for anything to cause trouble but one can’t help those. Is there some sort of military patch or a design similar to some club? I’m intrigued.

No, it was those occasional dicks you mentioned. I went to my local pub to meet a friend and some jerks were giving me a stink eye. Never happens when I wear blank moto jackets, even with leather pants. Go figure.

Well, back to leather blazers for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner