Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Full Hat Collection Photographs Thread

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Ok, got all my hats out for a group shot....my camera (poor excuse as it were for a camera) is broken, so this cell phone shot will have to suffice:
2011-11-15151719.jpg

Top Row: Christy's Adventurer (Sable), Akubra Fed IV (Carbon Grey), older Resistol Florentine Milan, Stetson Latte Shangtung Milan, Black Sheep Hat Works custom Milan (Black Walnut), Stetson Golden Century
Bottom Row: Penman Hats Public Enemies-esque (Black), Resistol Gotham I (Orbit grey), mystery Resistol OR style (I don't know if this qualifies as Silverbelly or not....might be sand), Black Sheep Hat Works custom (hand dyed Oxblood), customized Optimo Dillinger (Oxblood)

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the kind words gents. I've got an Adventurebilt on order, but after that, I think I'm set....of course that's until the next eBay deal comes along ;)

m0nk

One Too Many
I've got a few joining my collection soon as well. I have a Moonstone Fed IV showing up either today or tomorrow, and I've placed an order with John Penman for a Casablanca. I'm also still considering something in a dark or black color. Of course, I don't have any pics of the few hats I currently have though. Plus, I'm still on the lookout for a vintage or vintage-style Stetson as well.

Young fogey

One of the Regulars
My hat-wall all-stars, November 2011

Here.

The only thing I still want is to replace the bobo straw one with a size-7 tan Milan-weave with a black band.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
One of these days I'll have to do a proper family portrait, but here's a sampling...

bookshelf-L.jpg

Top (from left); Optimo Falcon Grey, VS Silverbelly, Green Stetson Playboy, VS Black Cherry, Grey Borsalino (it does look greenish in some light)

Bottom (from left) Mallory Nokabout, Bluegrass Stetson Whippet, Stetson Zephyr Weight - The Royal Stetson, Dark blue Borsalino Rollable.

Interestingly, apart from the two VS hats, these all were previously owned by fellow Loungers.

Kirk H.

One Too Many
One of these days I'll have to do a proper family portrait, but here's a sampling...

bookshelf-L.jpg

Top (from left); Optimo Falcon Grey, VS Silverbelly, Green Stetson Playboy, VS Black Cherry, Grey Borsalino (it does look greenish in some light)

Bottom (from left) Mallory Nokabout, Bluegrass Stetson Whippet, Stetson Zephyr Weight - The Royal Stetson, Dark blue Borsalino Rollable.

Interestingly, apart from the two VS hats, these all were previously owned by fellow Loungers.

DJH, those are nice too. I really like that Bluegrass Whippet. I am now in the stage of my hat wearing where I am only getting the fur felts. I still have a bunch of the wool felts that I am giving out to others that are just getting started in hat wearing. So far I have two Akubras and a Beaverbrand fur felt.

Kirk H.

Young fogey

One of the Regulars
That one is great too. That repro is fantastic. Is it just AM/FM, or is there a CD or Cassette player built in as well?

Kirk

Thanks. Just AM/FM.

I am now in the stage of my hat wearing where I am only getting the fur felts. I still have a bunch of the wool felts that I am giving out to others that are just getting started in hat wearing.

Same. Got all the vintage fur felt I want. I'm now in the fleatiquing biz, sort of. I trade those wool ones for other things. All I need is a tan Milan-weave.

Last edited:

T Rick

Practically Family
DJH, that is an awesome grouping! I remember seeing that green Playboy in the classifieds, but I think you'd already snapped it up.

Last edited:

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
That is just too exquisite, David. Jlee-- I admire your collection and display method as well! such class, everyone.
Now I'm inspired to figure out how to make one photograph of my hodgepodge eclectic collection.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff