Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Funeral arrangements

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Oh, dear. All of the funerals I have been to were beautiful, and all what the family and/or deceased wanted. Our family had discussed this before so I wasn't left with a financial burden as my dad hadn't set any money aside. The funeral home did a lot of work even without there being a casket, and I think people don't know or forget that. They have invited me to 2 ceremonies since September that were meaningful to me, one for Veterans and one a church service for all who had died in 2006.
I knew someone would make that joke. I just didn't know which of y'all. ;)

Lancealot

Practically Family
carebear said:
Viking funerals are cheap as well, the trick is getting the burning pyre out to sea before the cops roll up.

Years ago when my father found out he was dying of cancer he made that joke. He said set him on his boat, light it up, and shove him out to sea. Now we know where I get my twisted sense of humor.

For myself I'd like a big party with a nice picture of me out. NO open casket, I'm with some of ya'll that ritual drives me crazy. Then a quite family graveside service with Amazeing Grace played on the bagpipes. Feel free to take any organs I have that would help someone else.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Oh, don't bother about me. Nothing too elaborate.

TombNapoleonLarge.jpg

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
Going out in traditional fashion

Everything is to be traditional;
1. Body on view for 3 days.
2. Complete rosary said on the second night.
3. Latin High Mass, with Gregorian chants, burning of incense.
4. Don't know which cemetary, since I'm such a rolling stone any way. But, it would be good to have the body shipped to the Big Island of Hawaii and buried in Honokaa.
5. After I'm in the ground or awaiting flight to Hawaii a big party for all who took the day off to attend the funeral.
6. Aquarela Do Brasil is to played as my casket is being dropped into the ground or slid on the shelf.

But, I don't plan on dropping off for another 50 years so who knows.
Also, a bottle of Johnnie Walker Blue in the casket is a must have item.

CharlieH.

One Too Many
When I was a kid, I fancied donating my body to science. Now, all I want is a nice traditional funeral, with a nice art-deco stone of my own design, a simple casket and decent wise-acre eulogy. No schmaltz, straight to the point.

And another thing- If someone doesn't dress up for the occassion, I'll return from the grave and haunt them!

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My mom had always said, "Just put me in a Hefty Steelsak and leave me on the curb." I think it was Erma Bombeck who requested she be sat up on the number something subway in Manhattan because she'd be traveling around undisturbed for years before anyone noticed she wasn't sleeping or passed out drunk.

indyjim

Familiar Face
Just stand me up in a corner somewhere. I guarantee that inside of a week,
somebody will be along to take care of me.

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
indyjim said:
Just stand me up in a corner somewhere. I guarantee that inside of a week,
somebody will be along to take care of me.

lol lol lol You've made my day!!! It's horrible but it's funny in a black comedy sort of way!!!! And what happens if nobody picks you up, indyjim??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy