Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Funny, odd, or the most absurd ads you have ever seen....

lolly_loisides

One Too Many
living in Australia I don't know anything about a Garfield liking lasagna .... as always rue and Connery most helpful thank you!

Indeed, when it comes to Ginger Meggs though......
meggs22.jpg

Connery

One Too Many
living in Australia I don't know anything about a Garfield liking lasagna .... as always rue and Connery most helpful thank you!

Indeed, when it comes to Ginger Meggs though......
meggs22.jpg

There was nothing to know about Garfield any more than there is to know about Ginger Megs. What lasagna has to do with anything about the ad I still do not know. Your Garfield phone was the epitome of an absurd ad . :)

Last edited:

rue

Ah geez.... it was just a stupid joke. When I was a kid I loved Garfield and when I see him I think about lasagna. I didn't know he was only popular in the states....

* note to self... do not make obscure jokes..... *

Ah geez.... it was just a stupid joke. When I was a kid I loved Garfield and when I see him I think about lasagna. I didn't know he was only popular in the states....

I've learned long ago that despite the widespread ubiquitousness of American pop culture throughout the world that surprisingly there are still many aspects of it that's unfamiliar to people in other countries. I remember chatting with someone in the UK in a chatroom when somebody else mentioned pumpkin pie I was very surprised that the person I was chatting with had never heard of it.

Last edited:

rue

I've learned long ago that despite the widespread ubiquitousness of American pop culture throughout the world that surprisingly there are still many aspects of it that's unfamiliar to people in other countries. I remember chatting with someone in the UK in a chatroom when somebody else mentioned pumpkin pie I was very surprised that the person I was chatting with had never heard of it.

Now I know not to make jokes about pumpkin pie too :p

Oh, of course keep making the obscure jokes. Some of us do giggle at them occasionally.

Thanks Scotty ;)

Katinka von K.

A-List Customer
Aaaah, I´ve been watching a garfield phone on the bay some time ago but it was too expensive in the end. Gotta love some 80s/90s pop culture!

You're not alone! I still read Garfield in the newspaper every day and thought of him when I was making lasagna for supper last night.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I've learned long ago that despite the widespread ubiquitousness of American pop culture throughout the world that surprisingly there are still many aspects of it that's unfamiliar to people in other countries. .
Yeah, but Garfield is huge.

[video=youtube;UupBhPXzkzk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UupBhPXzkzk[/video]

Someone from another country made pumpkin soup one time. She gave me some and I thought it would be horrible---it wasn't. Gotta keep trying new things. :p

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up

What I didn't understand is why Garfield had a liking for lasagna..... of all things..... why not pizza or.... spaghetti bolognese .... why lasagna? ( I still don't lol)

James like Lolly says, pumpkin soup is delicious! I have it often, with a little bit of black pepper and a dash of cream! YUM!:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy