Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Funny, odd, or the most absurd ads you have ever seen....

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Blame-Spam.jpg

Cold or hot, Spam hits the spot! :p

Gracie was way ahead of her time. I get invitations like that all the time, and that's exactly what they are -- SPAM.

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
My dad downloaded a bunch of old commercials, and the ones that killed me were for Salem Cigarettes. Imagine running around the countryside... *cough cough hack* enjoying the fresh air, honey?

[video=youtube;86lYG1V2-n4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86lYG1V2-n4[/video]

wahine

Practically Family
This thread is really hilarious!

I got some, too:

from the 1920s:

The solution for boys with crooked noses: earn money with selling bird houses, then order Anita's nose adjuster with the money earned. Perfect!

from 1958/56: now look how chubby these girls are! :eusa_doh:

This can't be serious. Or can it? :confused:

Supposedly from 1968:

Love this one:

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
The solution for boys with crooked noses: earn money with selling bird houses, then order Anita's nose adjuster with the money earned. Perfect!

That's almost out of an episode of Leave it to Beaver! lol

And that breath spray must be a joke :p Like my Supermodel gum:

Supermodel%20Gum.jpg

Here's another ad featuring the delightful Ms. Imanami, aka Mrs. Nelson J. "Mitch" Fleming.
These ads were to prove to be a major source of embarrasment to Mr. Fleming, a legitimate martial artist who unfortunately had little or no input in the advertising content. Sometime in 1960 the publisher of Yubiwaza was a student of Fleming's and had persuaded him to write a book about this mysterious "martial art". While Sensei Fleming (who only got $200 out of the deal) envisioned a 100-page book on what are essentially basic pressure point techniques with the fingers and thumb, it was pared down to a 14-page pamphlet of dubious instructional value. Also the same publisher shamelessly created a "Yubiwaza Federation" complete with membership card.

Yubiwaza1.gif

I wonder how many of Mr. Yang's suits are still floating around? It seems like he had a thriving business with two locations as well as a possible business relationship with I. Magnin because both locations were located right near an I. Magnin store. The Pasadena location was located right around the corner from Caltech and I believe its now occupied by a Subway sandwich place.

Last edited:

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Has anyone posted this one yet?

weird_vintage_ads_18.jpg

I used to use Baby Soft. It smells nice, but come on...

Most of the others range from funny to distasteful. This one is plain immoral. Who are they targeting - the wives of pedophiles? Or, the pedophile husbands themselves? 'Here, honey, I'd just love it if you use THIS!!' omg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL