Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

G.B.Borsalino Fu Lazzaro & C. <1936

rlk

I'll Lock Up
P1070776.JPG

Thanks, guys - Steve, have you heard of this German retailer before?
Garrett, I will check and see if I can find anything. I do have some German advertisements for G.B.Borsalino Fu Lazzaro & C. (see this thread).

Update: I couldn't find anything on Fritz Reuter Düsseldorf.

Last edited:

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
Ive never seen this thread before. It answers a lot of questions for me . I knew there were two different distributors of Borsalino here in the 1920's. Now I know why . We have a lot of the newer GB Borsalino hats in our store similar to the Kleinhans hat, but they are probably from the early 1960's.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
I resurrected this thread because I was lucky enough to find a Borsalino belonging to the other side: it is GB Borsalino fu Lazzaro & Co.
I found a small sale of an inheritance in which there were several hats Italian years 40 and 50.
Unfortunately, they were all too small for my noggin. Considering that it is very difficult to find the other party Borsalino I made an effort and I acquired this Zenit and a Barbisio classic.
2z8p9gm.jpg

Zenit are of size 57 cm. and it was sold by a hats shop in Genoa.
16knbjl.jpg

It arrived a little out of shape and with some dust.
2egck01.jpg

These proportions of a holy grail of Italian hatters: the crown is 10 cm (4 inches) its lowest point, brims are 5 cm. (2 inches)
elcf1g.jpg

The color is typical of Borsalino the years 40 and 50. It is a beautiful "mauve".
514hl4.jpg

I have some other Borsalino Antica Casa of Alessandria in this color, dating from roughly the same period.
24ovbwo.jpg

It is well preserved for its age, but need to be cleaned and refresh.
ezfx5c.jpg

Zenit was one of the highest point of GB Borsalino fu Lazzaro & Co.
Here the sweatband with the marks and size
iqbm15.jpg

25012cg.jpg

The paper label
1zceq91.jpg

I leave to the future owner the job to put in order definitely this hat, as long as there is someone interested in this GB Borsalino fu Lazarro & Co

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran