Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gable vs. Bogart

MissAmelina

A-List Customer
Bogart.....even though I find Gable charming. To me, Bogart has greater sex appeal and is more exciting to watch.
I also read that Gable's dentures always smelled really bad and Vivian Leigh had problems kissing him during GWTW. ewww......[huh] That sealed the deal for me.
Bogart's eyes make my tummy flip. :)

bogie.jpg

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
MissAmelina said:
I also read that Gable's dentures always smelled really bad and Vivian Leigh had problems kissing him during GWWW. ewww......[huh]
That's unfounded gossip. She actually stated that she greatly enjoyed kissing, hugging and humping him.:p (She was a nympho after all)

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
He was rough, he was sexy, he was the working class hero during the Depression years. There is a ... greatness ,lurking somewhere in Gable that never fails to impress me! [huh]

clark-gable-and-vivienne-leigh-in-g.jpg

MissAmelina

A-List Customer
Tomasso said:
That's unfounded gossip. She actually stated that she greatly enjoyed kissing, hugging and humping him.:p (She was a nympho after all)

You just said HUMPING! lol Sorry.....very tired. Potty humor is making my giggle. Sleepy time!

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
OMG Tomasso!!!!! Why do you love posting that horrible thing/ photo of Clark Gable? Nooooooooooo :rage:

This photo taken very close in time to the horror photo you posted, well, this is how he really looked!!!!!!! Get that in your mind Tomasso please! lol :D lol

CGable.jpg

Grant Fan

Practically Family
Oh goodness that is hard to say, I love them both, and they are in my favorite movies, so that makes it even harder. When I was 18 I named my parents dog Bogart, and when I get my own dog I intend to name him Rhett, because I don't like Clark or Gable for a dogs name. So honestly they are tied, but they can't beat Cary Grant [huh] .

cecil

A-List Customer
Cricket said:
This one is really hard for me because I love them both. I loved Gable as Rhett, no one better could have played that character in my opinion but when I look over their acting careers as a whole and not just on one particular performance, I am going with Bogart.

I reckon Coop would have made a good Rhett. Pity he turned it down, the silly bugger.

I'm going with Bogart too. Something about Gable irks me. Too smarmy.

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
I used to be of the "always Bogart - never Gable" camp until I started watching some of his MGM work from the 1930's. My recollection was that Gable only make period films which I don't like. After seeing films like Too Hot To Handle, I
began to more appreciate Gable and his ability to do comedy.

It is hard for me now to say who is better Gable or Bogie.

I agree with Scot though - Grant over both of them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner