Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Garcia Aviation USAAF F2 Gloves

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Does anyone have any of these (top)? I was thinking of getting some for motorcycle gloves. I'm not a fan of black leather. Are there wires in them?

I should have gotten them at $39.95! :eusa_doh:

Mike K.

One Too Many
Sorry...can't help you on these Scott. The product description states that they're non-functional so I wouldn't think there would be any wires in them. I've been looking at their B-3 repro gloves to add to my collection.

Doug C

Practically Family
I had a pair of their A-10 gloves and was not impressed, the cheap price reflected what I got I guess. But I have to say that the A-10s were exactly like what they have pictured, which doesn't look top notch to begin with IMHO - BUT the ones you referrenced do look pretty nice in their picture, so they may be a better product. I like 'em. Sorry, I know that's not much help.

Doug C

RAMC181

New in Town
I bought a pair last year.

They are unwired, and lack the white cotton inner that would have covered the wires too. Because of this, they also lack the poppers that should connect them to the heated suit, so you can't have them hanging loose.

I'm making up a liner with the poppers for mine to solve the problem.

The other thing is the wrist popper/flap adjuster is unlike the original and on the wrong side of the glove.

Having said all that, they do look the part from 6 feet, and are warm and comfortable, with nice soft leather. With average condition originals fetching $400 in the UK, a repro pair at about $50 delivered means I can overlook the inaccuracies, which can't really be seen when worn.

Hope that helps,
Paul

GWA

New in Town
scotrace said:
Does anyone have any of these (top)? I was thinking of getting some for motorcycle gloves. I'm not a fan of black leather. Are there wires in them?

I should have gotten them at $39.95! :eusa_doh:

Sorry for such a late reply to the thread but I just now saw it.

I cannot speak for the F2 gloves, but I own a pair of the A10, USN, and the 1941 Slant zip gloves. I have been impressed with the quality of all the gloves I purchased from Garcia, especially for the price.

Greg

Boyington

New in Town
I don't own the F-2 Gloves, but i purchased one pair A-10 from Jim Garcia few months ago. The pattern and the inside label of this A-10 are authentic, but the goatskin is too thin like the paper, the thickness is only 1/3, maybe 1/4 of my Goatskin G-1 flight jacket, i hope it's only the exception of Garcia Aviation's products. But Jim is really friendly, reliable and we got good communication via e-mail, i think i'd like to purchase something from him again!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner