Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gentlemen, show us what you've made!

Qirrel

Practically Family
It is a bit difficult to judge from the pictures, but if the fullness appeared only after the basting was removed, you could have basted the canvas in too short. Did you try shrinking the fullness away? And the problem with the sleeves looks like the one you get when you force in too much fullness.

Pinesiw

A-List Customer
Thanks coffee and everyone else, i've never sewn anything before and at the time I thought i'd never get my hands on anything like a vintage newsboy so I tried and tried until I was happy with the result. As soon as I get my hands on some great fabric im going to work.

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
It is a bit difficult to judge from the pictures, but if the fullness appeared only after the basting was removed, you could have basted the canvas in too short. Did you try shrinking the fullness away? And the problem with the sleeves looks like the one you get when you force in too much fullness.

That's a possibility with the canvas. I tried shrinking it out with little success, but I'll try again.

Hi all, well this is more of an alteration, not quite made or tailoring (I wouldn't be so bold.) bought this jacket because it was so gorgeous although it was 4" to big round the waist, so removed back belt, made 4 1" pleats, I was sweating by this time! replaced belt, cut of belt excess and resewed the whole thing on the outside, took about 4 hours.
DSC_0050.jpg

sportscoat1.jpg
sportscoat2.jpg

DSC_0051.jpg
DSC_0052.jpg

DSC_0055.jpg
DSC_0050.jpg

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk224/VampyreMaster/jacket/DSC_0056.jpg
[IMG]http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk224/VampyreMaster/jacket/Untitled.jpg
VM

Last edited:

BR Gordon

One Too Many
It looks as though you accomplished what you wanted, and the result looks very good. Congratulations on a job well done.:eusa_clap

Hepville

One of the Regulars
Work wear

I´ve been busy working for the past couple of weeks… pattern making, sewing and getting the details right…
So this is my new pair of dungarees made from a 14 oz rigid selvedge denim ( 3/1 z weave).
The buckle back is a bit different as most of you have may seen. Imho this style is more functional and looks better.

82289,jeansbela014BO7C.jpg

82290,jeansbela0254Z3E.jpg

82291,jeansbela03X4BLV.jpg

82292,jeansbela047ANRU.jpg

82293,jeansbela05QACA9.jpg

Hepville

One of the Regulars
A jacket made from the same denim. Single pleated, buckle back, riveted at stress points.
The details came out pretty nice I guess.
The pants I´m wearing is also new. It´s a pair of work pants made from 11 oz cotton duck. The newsboy cap I´m wearing is new, too. It´s a very nice herringbone linen, lined with white linen.

82300,selvedgebela01YG1O5.jpg

82301,selvedgebela02NYJMC.jpg

82302,selvedgebela030EXTN.jpg

82303,selvedgejacket0276RC2.jpg

Hepville

One of the Regulars
Some more pictures me wearing the duck pants.

82306,workerbela016O0TQ.jpg

82307,workerbela02CT20C.jpg

82308,workerbela03D253H.jpg

I´ll make this pants again from a pretty tough14 oz cotton canvas fabric.

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
I´ve been busy working for the past couple of weeks… pattern making, sewing and getting the details right…
So this is my new pair of dungarees made from a 14 oz rigid selvedge denim ( 3/1 z weave).
The buckle back is a bit different as most of you have may seen. Imho this style is more functional and looks better.

82291,jeansbela03X4BLV.jpg

82292,jeansbela047ANRU.jpg

Good job, Hepville! The placement of the suspender buttons is also much more practical and doesn't interfere with a belt, either.

Hepville

One of the Regulars
Thanks guys!

Well it was a bit of work doing this denim stuff artisanry (felling the seams without industrial sewing foots e.g). But my machine has proofed it´s value... only one broken needle ;-).
At some points I had to hammer flat the denim to go over it.

Placing the suspender buttons a bit higher was a good idea I guess. The waist band is about 5cm/ 2 inches wide. I´ve place the buttons about 2 cm from the top. As Rudie said it´s doesn´t interere with a belt this way... That´s always bothered me on on other dungarees with suspender buttons.

Flat Foot Floey: Yeah it´s a great cut... especially for chubbys like me ;-) The waist band sits just below the navel.
I won´t sell them by now or in the near future over Etsy... but that doesn´t mean that they aren´t to be sold maybe ;-)

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
Hepville, great work, I especially like the jeans. Did you draft a pattern completely by yourself, or use an existing draft or pattern and make adjustments?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner