Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gentlemen, show us what you've made!

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Herringbone Kid WOW! That is really amazing.

If RL made what you make I would pay his prices (and then some!).:eusa_clap

Mario

I'll Lock Up
_1000444.jpg

Once again: spectacular! :eusa_clap

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
Here's a 'jeans' belt I made by using a blank available off the net, I bought the belt originally from a charity shop mainly for the English made solid brass buckle, the belt on it was knackered and too short, so I used it as a blank and came up with this;
2afcw2b.jpg
xe28ah.jpg
2b76nk.jpg
2kiwb7.jpg
2yn1m48.jpg

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
Here it is. It was described as a 1940s jacket. Seems like a regular jacket with a belt slapped on.
A bit different than yours but the same principle.

ah, definitely wasn't inspired by that one. ;)
it looks like a home made modification. the main inspiration for mine came from a vintage French shop jacket belt which is attached at the side seams and buttons in the middle (although the buttons don't actually function, they're just sewn on). i decided to do a buckle rather than buttons. it was only afterwards that i realised it looked like a waistcoat cinch.

Pinesiw

A-List Customer
Lookin good so far! Cant wait to see it finished. Looks like a one piece 8 panel, I made one 8 paneled before, I found that the sweatband was the tricky part.

Johnny J

Call Me a Cab
Lookin good so far! Cant wait to see it finished. Looks like a one piece 8 panel, I made one 8 paneled before, I found that the sweatband was the tricky part.
The leather sweat did give me a little trouble last time, but I was able to get it on. Just had to sew carefully and slowly.

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
I think flat-caps are pretty snazzy things. Are they difficult to make? I've been thinking of making one for myself, once I find some suitable material. I'm gradually getting the hang of using my gran's Singer and I'd like to start doing some simple projects on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner