Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gentlemen, show us what you've made!

I really like the shaping of the attachment ends of the rear belt. Very well done.

_1010386.jpg

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
Does it fit as well as it looks?

yes, it's an early 20s style narrow shouldered (zero padding), narrow legged, off the shoe, high button stance, 'cult of youth' (as Baron Kurtz calls them) suit, which isn't to everyone's taste as it goes against many of the classic proportions of the 30s which most people here love and consider almost sacrosanct. the narrow shoulders make your head look bigger, and the boyish proportions and short trousers make your hands and feet look bigger. i shouldn't really be wearing this style at all, but i can't help myself; i'm bored to death of the 30s. ;)

see the reference images on page 64 for more of this style.

i'll get some better shots when i have time:

_1010367.jpg

here's the last three 20s inspired jackets i've made:

jkt_3.gif

...all look rather narrow shouldered on the dummy. when worn your shoulder fills out the sleevehead area.

Last edited:

cordwangler

One of the Regulars
bored to death of the 30s. ;)

Great work. Proportions excellent. Utterly unique.

I make clothes for myself occasionally - nothing so fine as to be worth posting pics of - so I appreciate the craft put into getting the pattern for chest and arms right.

Also nice that you're just making for yourself. It's gratifying to be asked to make for others, but there's great enjoyment to be had putting the work into personal one-offs.

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Exactly.

Now, if I tried to wear that suit , i'd look like a farmer appearing in court in a suit that didn't fit him anymore.

That style works with your body and you wear it with a confidence/individuality that carries it. Also, the subtle blend of colours in the outfit helps.

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
excellent work Baron. can't believe you're mad enough to actually hand stitched everything ! ;)
let's just say that if sewing machines hadn't been invented i doubt i would have ever made anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn