Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gentlemen, show us what you've made!

Bugsy

One Too Many
I've finished the linen 3-piece, based on the suit that Baron Kurtz originally posted some months ago.
SAM_1911_zps201215af.jpg

SAM_1913_zps12a1c364.jpg

SAM_1915_zps60b62053.jpg

Differences from the original include a plain jacket sleeve, no lapels on the waistcoat, and I've added a back belt and four pleats.
SAM_1917_zps007bb7b5.jpg

SAM_1919_zps0b74ad05.jpg

Skeleton lining, I made matching bias binding. Striped sleeve lining.
SAM_1923_zps25ffebaa.jpg

I'll be wearing this to a wedding next week. I didn't think I'd be able to finish it in time, but managed it.
SAM_1920_zpsc1cede97.jpg

[/QUOTE

I want one just like it!!

DamianM

Vendor
:eusa_clap

I looks amazing.

I havent been able to work on mine for the fact that there are other things I have to attend.
At the moment it is sleeveless and pantless as well

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
excellent work Nick. the colour looks more yellowy than the first shots of the trousers you posted. is it a modern linen ?

p.s. how did you do the patch pockets ? are they machined near the edge or invisible felled ?

Last edited:

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
I am very impressed, Nick! Did you ask bk for measurements or did you just go by the pictures he posted?

How many yards or meters of fabric did you need for this 3-piece?

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
Many thanks, gents! :)

HBK, the fabric is modern linen, though the colour is tan, the sun and camera settings gave it that slight yellow. The pockets are all hand-stitched, first a backstitch on the inside through just the pocket lining and seam allowance, using the basting line as a guide, and then slipstitching the edge on the outside, so there's no visible stitching.

Rudie, I think I got it from a little over four yards of 60" fabric. Two for the jacket, two for the trousers, and a bit for the waistcoat. I still have some left, too.

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
Thanks, Nick. I commissioned a 2-piece suit today. I had 4 yards of vintage fabric and the tailor said it wouldn't be enough for a 3-piece. It's probably because my fabric is striped.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy