Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gentlemen, show us what you've made!

GHT

I'll Lock Up
If it's vintage fabric, it's likely narrower than 60" as well.
Compliments to you Nick, the professional finish to that suit deserves all praise. I'm loving
the whole ensemble.

Finally got that dressing gown finished.
Here are the pattern details, you will see that the original is a double breasted, button up affair.
My wife used enough material to turn the finished garment into that style if I so wish, but I prefered
a cord tie, with an internal tie. The wool fabric is extremely warm, I shall look forward to winter evenings
wearing this. Incidently, we have been away to a forties themed weekend event. I turned up in the
dressing gown, complete with pyjamas and slippers, at breakfast. I was told that it had the look of
Noel Coward. Mind you, people say my fedoras make me look like George Melly.

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
A local tailor who specializes in the vintage crowd. She was happy to hear that I wanted everything as period accurate as possible. She said she often has to cut corners because most customers aren't prepared to pay for all the handwork involved with the old techniques. E.g. she said most customers actually request big armholes because they don't know about the concept of small armholes, so she has to adjust the patterns. [huh] They use vintage buttons and linings, the canvas is supposed to be floating - I'll see how it works out.

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
Yes. Belted back with inverted pleat and a very rounded chest pocket. I can find plain vintage suits but all the fancy stuff is near impossible to obtain for me. If my arms were 3 inches shorter it would be much easier to get the good stuff.

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
I just bought some dark brown wool for another suit. It will be a double-breasted three piece, using this jacket pattern (in size 38) and trouser pattern, and the same waistcoat pattern as the linen suit but with four welt pockets.

915fr_zps790ee09a.jpg

il_fullxfull460928180_fqyn_zps47352826.jpg

I'm still on the fence about the jacket details. I could do it as-is, or with flap and welt pockets and 6x2 buttoning, and I could leave the back plain or do something fancier. Three patch pockets without any back treatment seems fairly uncommon. I want a wide variety in my wardrobe, of course, so it's a matter of choosing which one comes first.

DamianM

Vendor
Made from the dead stock1930s brocade we purchased as a team, just need the edges but almost done. I left one side with the selvedge as seen in early neckties.
The print is crazy cool futuristic art deco IMO.
c5mh.jpg

Some progress of a tweed suit .Resortes was kind enough to let me borrow an NRA labeled (33'-35') DB jacket to help me in the aid of the cut of the front.and after discussing what to do, I made up my mind for it to be a DB sports suit.
So far the back that looks wonky in the image :eusa_doh: but everything is straight, believe me
zr4m.jpg

Last edited:

DamianM

Vendor
I know it isnt clothing but im still pretty proud of it and I made it myself.
Ill rent it out as soon as its done and if anyone is interested.
970018_541704919198323_1763504680_n.jpg

My Novia Sarah Marie
156330_541704679198347_837503213_n.jpg

Last edited:

Pera.T

One of the Regulars
My first attempt at making something after finishing a full time four month sewing course. Done the course with the aim of getting myself a couple machines and making my own repro vintage for everyday wear. I was lucky enough to use the industrial machinery in the workshop to make this on my last week of course. I used a vintage 40s/50s pattern and some wool & silk mix material.

What do you guys reckon? Not a touch on everyone else's work I know, but looking forward to getting better when I get my own machine :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass