Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gentlemen: What would you like to receive from your special lady this holiday?

Orgetorix

Call Me a Cab
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
I wear stockings almost every day, I'm afraid that to him they may have lost some of their allure! Is that foolish of me to think? That's probably foolish of me to think.

Question - pocket squares with his initials, in various thread colors to match his suits. Thoughts?

Pocket squares--great. Monogrammed pocket squares--excellent. Monogrammed in colors to match his suits--unnecessary, I think. I'd avoid showing the monogram when the pocket square is in use, so matching the colors would be a nice, but somewhat useless, touch.

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Originally Posted by Spitfire
But the lounges rules of posting does not allow me to elaborate.
(But it includes champagne and some nylonstockings....)

Hammelby said:
Ah, a good tip is needed then.. But the shop "Femme Fatale", in studiestr?¶de (Copenhagen) has fully fashioned nylonstockings from "Ars Vivendi".
Black, brown or skin colored, cuban or pointed heel, and all manufactured on vintage knitting machines from the 40's :D
Theyre about 180 dkr for a pair.

Do they come in Spitfire's size? lol

shoeshineboy

Practically Family
i would really like to get an charge account from Art Fawcett Vintage Silhouettes....or maybe the Hat of the Month CLub from him !!!!

mark the shoeshine boy

Benny Holiday

Art Fawcett said:
On Valentines day, 1984 my wife gave me about 15 paper hearts with IOUs written on them. Some were like ...IOU one Saturday car wash in short shorts...IOU one special pot roast dinner...there were more but we won't go into them publicly, but you get the picture Miss Bella. We've been married 23 yrs now, and I still have a few left, and will aways remember it.
Just a thought

I did that for my wife last year for Valentine's Day. I gave her a bunch of vouchers entitling her to various treats, like 'movie of your choice (even chick flicks)', 'deluxe shoulder massage', 'foot massage with peppermint oil,' 'have dinner made for you' (Jenny usually cooks while I wash up) and so on. I even put a little disclaimer on the bottom of each one, 'offer not redeemable for money. This coupon valid until 14/2/2006' etc. She loved it!

Anyways, I'm an avid reader, so there's a list of books that I'd just love to receive from Jenny, beginning with 'Musashi,' by Eiji Yoshikawa. And whenever she gives me a book, there's always a beautiful inscripition in the front page.

44forrest

New in Town
zoom_1895.jpg

Marlin Classic Model 1895

Weston

A-List Customer
Mmm, good point! Does he like shooting? A beautiful new rifle is very vintagey and much appreciated by those who hunt or just enjoy marksmanship. I enjoy my grandfather's .22 that I inherited....lovely Browning with beautiful engraving.

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
A leg lamp!

You know the kind I mean, with the fishnet stocking on it. :)

But really, it's not about material junk, I would rather have old fashioned true love and romance. Much more valuable.

Aquia33

One of the Regulars
J. Peterman vest

Last week I ordered a J. Peterman "Not a Mississippi Gambler's vest", the pictures do not convey the supple softness of this vintage looking vest. In a rich chocolate brown,collared with leather back strap. The color is quite striking, not shiney or distressed but a patina that usually comes with age.

A beautiful "stocking stuffer", not romantic, but a sure pass down heirloom for a future generation of FL member
:p

Dixon Cannon

That little dear!..

She just went out and bought me the Nikon D80 package with two lenses. She heard me complaining about missing the opportunity to buy one online, so she went out on her own during the day and just bought one at the camera store. She got a good deal, and a $100 gift card for add-ons to boot!

Santa came early for me this year! I'm one happy fella, too!

-dixon cannon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran