Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gentlemen's Clubs

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Everyone

Everybody is welcome at my club. It isn't a place you go into; it is a state of mind. My club requires you to use your intelligence, and whit. We have an open door, so long as you have an open mind. We have an acceptance policy that is 100% reciprocal.
You are free at my club to speak your mind, as long as most polite company wouldn't mind what you say. My club insists that when you speak, it is with a passion for the subject matter, and that you are prepared to intelligently defend your position. My club require acceptance of others ideas and opinions.

Imahomer

Practically Family
Re: Everyone

Originally posted by Andykev
Everybody is welcome at my club. It isn't a place you go into; it is a state of mind. My club requires you to use your intelligence, and whit. We have an open door, so long as you have an open mind. We have an acceptance policy that is 100% reciprocal.
You are free at my club to speak your mind, as long as most polite company wouldn't mind what you say. My club insists that when you speak, it is with a passion for the subject matter, and that you are prepared to intelligently defend your position. My club require acceptance of others ideas and opinions.

Great Andy!!! I'll bring the beer. What time do the club house doors open?

Kidding aside, very well put.

Jsoftz

New in Town
Originally posted by Herr Doktor
Hey...they let me in, and what do I do? Post about "Oscar" with Sylvester Stallone. :rolleyes: I'm just waiting for my membership to be revoked, then I'll wind up like Dan Aykroyd in "Trading Places." LOL

I'm certainly glad I found this (and IndyGear)...I've always loved the style of the Golden Era. Now I just have to start acquiring the wardrobe I want. :cool:

Best,

Chris

Copland... Is that about the composer? Or is it about cops? Because if it's the former I might give it a whirl.

gobler

One of the Regulars
Well I'm going to chime in with this. I am essentially Irish heritage, and proud of it. However I have been called a racist and had other things happen when I used to fly the Irish flag on my car even though I see the Mexican flag on every other car and house around SoCal. I saw a news story about a group of high school students who wanted to start an Anglo-American club at there school and were refused, even though there are an Afro-American, Mexican/Lateno Pride and Asian clubs at the same school. The "white" kids were called racist and were compared to the KKK. WHAT??? My friends it seems it is now a crime to be white. My God parents were black. I grew up in an all Hispanic neighborhood I am not a bigot nor a racist but am viewed as one because in the past, rich white men ruled the world with at times very intolerant means. I too view the Old Gentalmens clubs with some reverence and even envy at the fact that morals and mannors were held in such high reguard. Even though most of these men would not even give me the time of day, they did give a lot to the world. Look at Rockerfeller, Getty and quite a few of the other rich white men. Look at what they did for the country. Yes they were not perfect, yes the social situations were very unfaire and yes, not one of us could be a part of the inner circle, but that was then, and this in now. All people enjoy to spend time with like minded people and in some cases similar heritage or backgrounds. And yes (no offence to the ladies) there are times when I do enjoy the company of men without women. My girlfriend accepts this fact that there are times when "guys" need to get together and be themselves;) We both feel the same for the ladies. Todays world cannot accept that basic fact and try to pass laws to make damn sure that "everyone" shall be a part or none at all, but only when it concerns "white" men. See how far a white male can get into NOW, NAACP or MECHA. Not very far but you know what? We don't want to. We know it's not for us and know everyone needs there own place. Well we here have our club, and the only thing thats required is you sign up:D

Cheers,
Jeff

Michaelson

One Too Many
Just for the record...'how did I get in here?". I slipped the doorman a bribe. Plain and simple. I also find if you sit quietly in the back of the room and make no noise, you're often overlooked. You learn a lot about other folks by quietly listening to their conversations rather than any direct conversation can tell. Interesting. Regards. Michaelson

LNBright

New in Town
lookaround.gif

-L

Imahomer

Practically Family
Originally posted by Matt Deckard
For the record being "Politically Correct" is not "Socially Acceptable".

I disagree. Least we not forget that what may seem politically correct to you, might be the absolute way it should be to me. So, in my social circles it is VERY acceptable.

I guess it really depends on what "circles" you are travelling in.

Imahomer

Practically Family
Originally posted by Matt Deckard
So when are we going to meet you in person Imahomer?

You live in California..

I'm up in Northern Ca. So, if you guys get up this way, I'd be more than happy to host a BBQ or something along those lines. I do get down your way, but with my schedule and all, it's a little hard sometimes. I need a lot of advance notice to usually swing it.

Mike

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
If you do

Since we live 15 minutes away, I'll supply a case of Sierra Nevada, and a bag of briquets..and bring a few hats to show.......

I'll even bring a few bags of chips, and a salad!!

Imahomer

Practically Family
Re: If you do

Originally posted by Andykev
Since we live 15 minutes away, I'll supply a case of Sierra Nevada, and a bag of briquets..and bring a few hats to show.......

I'll even bring a few bags of chips, and a salad!!

There you go Andy. I've got a fair sized back yard with a pool. Just right for relaxing in the sun and telling some lies with the gang.

Pyroxene

One of the Regulars
Re: Re: If you do

Originally posted by Imahomer
Ahh, Sierra Nevada.
My favorite.

It's best on draught. When I find a place that has it on tap and serves Imperial Pints, I have to find alternate means of tranportation home.

Back to the converstaion...

Renderking Fisk

Practically Family
Perfect example of why some groups need standards ?¢‚Ǩ‚Äú Trekkies! I like poking fun at Trekkies cause its both fun and easy at the same time. They are the perfect example of Politically Correctness run amok.

Any gimboid can call himself ?¢‚Ǩ?ìCAPTAIN?¢‚Ǩ? and get as many ?¢‚Ǩ?ìpips?¢‚Ǩ? as they want. Heck?¢‚Ǩ¬¶ you can be an ?¢‚Ǩ?ìADMERAL?¢‚Ǩ? and have no concept of astronomy or REAL space travel. You could call yourself ?¢‚Ǩ?ìChief Engineer?¢‚Ǩ? and not ever change the oil in YOUR OWN car or fix the clock on your VCR much less have a grasp of physics. They don?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t discriminate?¢‚Ǩ¬¶ which could be a good thing. But they don?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t discriminate against the ignorant or the stupid. Oh?¢‚Ǩ¬¶ Wait, that?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s Congress, too. Any group that doesn?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t discriminate against Teddy ?¢‚Ǩ?ìSub Commander?¢‚Ǩ? Kennedy doesn?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t have its act together.

All jokes aside. I don?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t what to be a part of a club that wouldn?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t have folks like Chammero or Michealson as its members. The VAST majority of the folks here on TFL and COW are indeed the finest people I?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢ve ever met. Take folks like Irish Ken who heard through the Grapevine that I was going to the hospital for a procedure, Holly who gave me a call when I seemed down and Minnesota who sent me an PM telling me to hang in there and buck up (I framed the PM). I wouldn?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t want to be apart of any organization that can?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t recognize true quality.

Michaelson

One Too Many
Sorry they didn't share that information about your situation, Eric. This is the first I've heard of it. Since you're here posting, I can only assume everything worked out ok, and I'm glad.

It's good that they let Chamorro and me in eh? How 'bout that, Paul?;) :) Only kidding, my friends, and totally agree with what Renderking said about 'community', no matter WHERE it is. As to the Trekkies, I take no notice one way or the other. They have their hobbies, I have mine. High regards. Michaelson

Imahomer

Practically Family
Originally posted by MK
I really like the bay area. I will have to look you guys up on my next visit.

Anytime. The door is always open. My wife and I have both our sons away at college, so we always have two vacant bedrooms in our home for guests.

If the L.A. crew wants to plan a trip up to the bay area when the weather warms up, as said in an earlier post, I'd be very happy to host a dinner/get together.

Mike

Renderking Fisk

Practically Family
Originally posted by Michaelson
Sorry they didn't share that information about your situation, Eric. This is the first I've heard of it. Since you're here posting, I can only assume everything worked out ok, and I'm glad.

That's the scarry thing... I don't even KNOW how Ken found out. I tried hard to make sure that nobody knew I was going in for tests about something that turned out to be nothing.

I didn't want you guys to worry. You got other things to worry about.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy