Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gents: Do you feel comfortable with a woman who is taller than you?

Do you feel comfortable being in a relationship with a woman who is taller than you?

• Total voters

Pompidou

One Too Many
I'm thinking that most of the time, if a woman gets turned down because of height, that height wasn't really the deciding factor - just the easiest excuse to deliver. I think if a guy gets hit on by a beautiful woman, he'll happily overlook the fact that she overlooks him by an inch or two. On the other hand, if he's not attracted for a myriad of other reasons, and she happens to also dwarf him in size, well, it wouldn't help her case. It's usually women feeling self conscious about being the tall one. On the dating site I use, short guys and fat girls occupy similar territories of the desirability spectrum. Men need to be tall, it seems, and women need to be slim, but I've read very few complaints about fat men and tall women. That's by no means authoritative, just observation.

nobodyspecial

Practically Family
I am 5'10" and most, but certainly not all, women are shorter than me. I've always been attracted to height in a woman and it would not bother me in the least to date someone taller than myself. However since my 21st anniversary was yesterday and my wife is 5'5" it is not likely I'll ever date anyone taller than myself.

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
I am 5'10" and most, but certainly not all, women are shorter than me. I've always been attracted to height in a woman and it would not bother me in the least to date someone taller than myself. However since my 21st anniversary was yesterday and my wife is 5'5" it is not likely I'll ever date anyone taller than myself.

And I think that your wife would agree with that last statement.lol

Pompidou

One Too Many

I think about a 5" height difference looks the best for photos.

Frankie Lamb

One of the Regulars
Being 5'7", it's a 50-50 shot a woman will be taller than I am, but then, it seems to work out OK. I mean, if it didn't pose a problem for Mickey Rooney who am I to care. In other words, it's jake with me.
Frankie L.

C44Antelope

One of the Regulars
Going on 20 years married to the same wonderful woman. She's shorter than I, but if she were taller I still would've been drawn to her. She is the best (at least for me - you go get your own best).

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
I thought about it, and I really would not be comfortable with a woman taller than me. However, I do not know if that would still be true if I was not so tall. I am not very comfortable with anyone being taller than me.

kenmcneill

Familiar Face
Speaking as a "vertically challenged" male, I long ago made peace with a woman being a little taller. Either that, or I'd have missed the chance to enjoy the company of a few wonderful women, including my darlin' wife. ;)

Ken

Bebop

Practically Family
I think it's tall women that might not feel comfortable with shorter men. I believe men are not very picky when it comes to height of a woman. They will take any and all comers.......;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points