Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

German & Austrian Hutmachers

Hückel Advertising Pocket Mirror, 1930s.

15692379082_2895069635_o.jpg

15504926349_1a85e867b5_o.jpg

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Steve, here there are the pictures of the Huckel Foulard inside. No paper label under the linen.
I bought it in German eBay. It is gently worn and the felt is really soft and light. Deep Black, brims are 6.5 cm and crown, lowest point, 11 cm.
j5w4u0.jpg
21epb0p.jpg
a29q28.jpg
2j2jc0h.jpg
35bbais.jpg
690tfn.jpg

My collection !?! of German&Austrian hats is really tiny.
I have another Huckel Homburg, the color is weird (58), a black Dobesch homburg, an Hans Korner trilby in blue navy (both 55 cm. alas) and a O. Reich in another strange color (59). If you want more details of these let me know I will be pleased to give my contribution to your research.

Daniele, Thanks it's a really nice one! It was made by Hückel Hutfabrik Weilheim, Germany (formed by displaced JHS workers) and probably late 1950s. For some reason they didn't use paper labels. They made really high quality hats in this time period. Can you post front and side photos of the hat? Also please post photos of your other German and Austrian hats when you have time.

Daniele, Thanks it's a really nice one! It was made by Hückel Hutfabrik Weilheim, Germany (formed by displaced JHS workers) and probably late 1950s. For some reason they didn't use paper labels. They made really high quality hats in this time period. Can you post front and side photos of the hat? Also please post photos of your other German and Austrian hats when you have time.

Hey Steve; What are/were JHS workers?

Charlie

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Hans Korner - Dusseldorf deep blue
saw3eu.jpg
Dimension: brims are 5 cm. and crown 10 cm. Size 55 cm.
2yl7l2p.jpg
The felt is medium and very soft. It is particularly peachy
2j0zbip.jpg
Very well finished with excellent materials and craftmanship.
atma04.jpg
Here the sweatbrand
2jbqhc0.jpg
2nlbj37.jpg
The label under the linen. The exact word at the start is WALL and above the LL there is a crown
30j2zph.jpg

Daniele, Thank you for posting the photos! The Hückel (Weilheim) Foulard is a beauty. Also really like the Wall Hans Korner - Dusseldorf. Great color and finish. I have no information on WALL but I will see if I can find out anything. If you get a chance please post more photos of your collection!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael