Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gibson and Barnes Great Quality

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Got one of their Maricopa Patrol jackets in goat - customed it in dark brown with no epaulets. Brilliant service and a great quality jacket. It's close to a 1950's half-belt with slash pockets. Understated.

Service from Jeremy was sensational. Leather is top notch. Very solid with some nice grain to it. At around $400: affordible quality.

Size 42T is 25.5 inch at back and 22 inch at front, from bottom of collar to bottom of jacket. Shorter than I would noramlly wear but okay.

Can anyone tell me the lengths of an Aero Highwayman in a 42-42?

Sorry don't have a camera.

Cheers - Seb

Edward

Bartender
Given that - as I have seen mentioned in another threat - Aero are apparently poised to enter the Indy market, it'll be interesting to compare their offering with the likes of the Expedition, both in terms of quality and price.

nicholasb

One of the Regulars
Wow, I have a Wested Indy which is a great fit but would be interested in Aero's.

The size of my Aero Highwayman is as follows:

Armpit to armpit – 24.5”

Sleeve length – 25.5”

Back length – 25”

Shoulders - 20”

bobjones

A-List Customer
Edward said:
Given that - as I have seen mentioned in another threat - Aero are apparently poised to enter the Indy market, it'll be interesting to compare their offering with the likes of the Expedition, both in terms of quality and price.

I sincerely hope that Aero does NOT begin offering Indy jackets. There are already several manufacturers selling high quality ones, and Indy fanatics are notorious "stitch nazis", which is why Aero opted out of selling them years ago, after making some prototypes. The aggravation of dealing with that level of buyer demands just wasn't worth it.

Don't get me wrong, I think Will could make a superb version, it just doesn't seem to be something from a marketing position they should get into, as they are a vintage not a "fashion" manufacturer.

I have 2 Aeros and an Expo, and the Indy is a whole different animal than the Aeros, not better/worse, just VERY different. Its a very lightweight garment that I do not think can get pounded and survive the way, say a FQHH Hwyman could. Though I do love the Expo, I am in the process of selling it but will eventually purchase another G&B style as I think they are second only to Aero in terms of customer service and product quality.

Michaelson

One Too Many
"There are already several manufacturers selling high quality ones, and Indy fanatics are notorious "stitch nazis", which is why Aero opted out of selling them years ago...."

Absolute fact, that one. (grins)

I'm surprised they're even considering it again myself.

I've tried to push a few folks toward your sale, Bob, but no takers so far.

Regards! Michaelson

bobjones

A-List Customer
Michaelson said:
"There are already several manufacturers selling high quality ones, and Indy fanatics are notorious "stitch nazis", which is why Aero opted out of selling them years ago...."

Absolute fact, that one. (grins)

I'm surprised they're even considering it again myself.

I've tried to push a few folks toward your sale, Bob, but no takers so far.

Regards! Michaelson

Hey Michaelson, and to think I didn't even know (or recall?) you were a member here. You should come here more often, if nothing else as a respite from the "was Harrison's jacket 1 inch or 1 1/4 inches below his beltline?", 12-page long threads @ Obiwan... lol

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
My issue with Aero jackets has always been their weight. Even the lightest ones weigh more than I want to have on me. It's a personal thing. Goat is almost too heavy. My G&B weighs around 1.6 kilos (3.5 pounds). That's my limit. A standard Highwayman weighs twice that. I have owned such jackets and I find I never want to wear them. :)

An Indy Aero would be wonderfully made but Indy's jacket in Raiders is a light weight thing, more like a denim jacket, but made of lamb. Can't imagine Aero doing it accurately. But theirs would probably be much more durable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav