Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gibson & Barnes A-2 Type 43 Horsehide, Russet for sale

gliderace

New in Town
Hello, all!
[[ an original posting about this jacket, and my sizing queries can be found here]]

My G&B A-2 is a Type 43, size 42, as can be read about here. My particular jacket's color is a lighter russet than the G&B Web site shows...you can view it below. It is a very good jacket, but my needs are really for a size 40 (or 41 if anyone ever made such). Also, this jacket has a bit more room in the middle than I need. Other than that, it really is a great jacket. I wore it three times in 2009 and promptly put it up. No wearing since then. Mint.

I am enclosing a picture of the measurements, which may help you out, here:
G_B_A2_1.JPG

Measurements are from shoulder top to waist bottom, top shoulder seam to cuff end, armpit seam to cuff end. This picture really does it justice with regard to the overall color...and yes, it is even a tiny bit shiny, being almost-spanking-new.

How much, you say?
Well, I am open for offers. Please don't lead in with $200. Realistically, it would probably fetch around $400 or so (new, they are over $570). In any event, I welcome all interested. I'm not trying to get one up on anyone, and I surely to appreciate any feedback from this wonderful community.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace