Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gin Lovers Unite!

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
There's no such thing as a "gin hangover".

Lime hangover? Yes.

Ice hangover? Of course.

Quinine hangover? Indubitedly.

But gin, sweet sweet gin, that panacea for all that ails one? It is slander and heresy to ascribe anything so base as a hangover to such an elixer.

:D

Thwack

Familiar Face
carebear said:
There's no such thing as a "gin hangover".

Lime hangover? Yes.

Ice hangover? Of course.

Quinine hangover? Indubitedly.

But gin, sweet sweet gin, that panacea for all that ails one? It is slander and heresy to ascribe anything so base as a hangover to such an elixer.

:D

:eusa_clap

Those ice-hangovers are my downfall...

rumblefish

One Too Many
Ethan Bentley said:
Is Cynar worse than Suze
Suze has nothing on Cynar.
If I remember Suze at all, it has a similar in taste to Angostura Bitters. I don't know what I would compare Cynar to except bitter Artichokes. I have an idea what jamespowers might compare it to.:eek: :D
Keep an open mind, be brave, and give it a try.:)
Remember despite it's taste,,,it can't kill you.

rumblefish

One Too Many
jamespowers said:
:eek: Please tell me you didn't.
Try the pickle with Cynar. It couldn't get much worse than straight. ;) :p
I didn't;)

I'll hold the pickle for the grapefruit and spearmint gin I have...still have.*yucky* But then again- why would I do that to the poor pickle?

Ethan Bentley

One Too Many
In comparison to Suze, Angostura Bitters are manna from heaven. :) I've not tasted much that is as bitter as Suze, made from the genitian root, I think.

Although some I know argue that Campari is worse. Nonetheless I shall endeavour to try the Cynar, the artichoke on the label is mighty appealing.
Any recommendations of how to mix? Or should I just knock it back and think of England?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24