Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gin vs Vodka (Martini)

Gin versus Vodka (Martini)?

• Gin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vodka

• Either

• Neither

• Total voters

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
rumblefish said:
First the croutons:
Cube last week's french bread or better- sourdough. Crush or finely mince one large clove of garlic into a pan with a tablespoon of butter and two tablespoons of olive oil, S&P. Heat till garlic sizzles and add all the bread cubes- toss around for a minute. Put the pan and all into an oven set at it's lowest (maybe just turn on and off as not to burn or overly toast) and let dehydrate for a few hours.

Salad:
I like to use a large but narrow bottom bowl, makes mixing easier.
Four or five anchovy fillets, one small (even tiny) crushed clove of garlic, S&P go into the bowl and mixed into a paste with a wooden spoon. Then a squeeze of a quarter of a lemon, three dashes of Tabasco, and a tablespoon of brandy get added and mixed in. Add one teaspoon of Dijon mustard and while still mixing, add three tablespoons of olive oil then one tablespoon of red wine vinegar, make sure all emulsifies. Last, mix in one egg yoke, then toss in your torn romaine lettuce leaves. Sprinkle in some fresh-grated Parmesan Reggiano and a handful of croutons.

Then pour your Martini.;)

Thank you, Iron Chef Rumblefish! This is on my list to try. Just reading it makes me hungry-

SkullCowboy

New in Town
Pour a dash of vermouth in a frosted glass, swish it around and dump it out. Next the vodka, I'm partial to Tito's made right here in Texas. Chilled or not, tastes great either way. Drop in a cocktail onion. Guess that makes it a Gibson?

If I am going to drink gin, it's with tonic and a lemon peel twist.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk