Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Girdles, Corsets, and Underpinnings

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShrinkingViolet

A-List Customer
Etienne said:
Waaah..:rage: Ladies, I've checked Secrets in Lace again AND Girdlebound again and no luck. I HAVE TO have underwire. Anyone else have any ideas?? Even something from another country?? To restate my quest: I need a 36 DD, long-leg, all-in-one with underwire and garters. I would prefer a front zip closure, for full-figure. I have a long torso, am 5'8" and wear a size 10 clothing. PLEASE, PLEASE let me know if you have any other thoughts...even custom made...

For people looking for a corselette with underwires, I just wanted to recommend the one from the Charnos Hourglass line. It's sort of a modern take on a vintage style corselette so it doesn't do an awful lot of tucking in but it does some smoothing out nonetheless. I have it in the blush colour and it looks stunning and very vintage!

kimb

New in Town
Cheap Crown OBG Girdles (and other foundations) online!

I just ordered a Crown 424 from this site for $19.99 (+ $3.50 S&H)!!! That's so cheap--usually they're like $30-$40. I also just found out you can get it in blue, red, or yellow for the same price in many sizes (too bad I found out too late, but white is okay and I'll probably be back). If you're into open bottom girdles with your stockings, you might want to take up this opportunity to buy one in a cool color.

They also have very good prices on their other shapewear, like panty girdles and long leg girdles and long line bras (both less than $20). And oddly enough, they sell old-fashioned sanitary napkins with the tabs and the belt... Yeah. Way before my time. :p

Anyhow, the best way to access all of their stuff is through the index because not everything is listed in their menu: http://yhst-82343397462395.stores.yahoo.net/ind.html

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Well, my beloved Rago shaper is officially too big for me--one of the few downsides of weight loss. I went to purchase another one and I noticed that Rago is discontinuing many of their styles. I'm a little worried about that--I hope the company is stable, they're my favorite shapewear manufacturer.

Of course, the upside of shrinking out of your shapewear is having an excuse to buy more lingerie! I'm staying pretty basic until I lose the last 20 pounds, hopefully by the end of the summer, then I'll go on a spending tear! I'd really like to get a nice underbust corset--they're expensive but I've wanted one forever. The links you girls have provided earlier in the thread have been really helpful, so thanks for that.

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
kimb said:
I just ordered a Crown 424 from this site for $19.99 (+ $3.50 S&H)!!! That's so cheap--usually they're like $30-$40. I also just found out you can get it in blue, red, or yellow for the same price in many sizes (too bad I found out too late, but white is okay and I'll probably be back). If you're into open bottom girdles with your stockings, you might want to take up this opportunity to buy one in a cool color.

They also have very good prices on their other shapewear, like panty girdles and long leg girdles and long line bras (both less than $20). And oddly enough, they sell old-fashioned sanitary napkins with the tabs and the belt... Yeah. Way before my time. :p

Anyhow, the best way to access all of their stuff is through the index because not everything is listed in their menu: http://yhst-82343397462395.stores.yahoo.net/ind.html
Thanks kimb! I like having a personal shopper. ;) I'm a Rago wearer (from www.shapeu.com) but I'll try the Crown in white, red, and blue. Too cute. :D The sanitary napkin and belt reminded me of what I was given in the birthing center 25 years ago. (Probably I still have the belt around somewhere, I tend not to throw things out if I think they will ever be useful.)
Ashley

PS

A-List Customer
Undergarment question

Hello Lovelies!

I've been lurking here for a few months and finally made the leap.
I have a question regarding my garter belt, within the first hour it had stretched out, it even rolled at one point. Now I find myself washing as soon as I take it off, being as a rest day doesn't do it much good. Is it too small or too large? Am I washing it improperly...just a hand wash? I ordered a waist cincher from the same company, Rago and bought the next size down just as a precaution.

Thank You All!

BonnieJean

Practically Family
Welcome, PS, the Lounge!

If you could tell me what kind of garter belt you have (I have a Rago one too), I might be able better to answer your question.

pigeon toe

One Too Many
ASimpleLady said:
I really need to get one. I carry my extra weight in my tummy :(

I'm the exact same way. A Rago girdle really does wonders at flattening the tummy (at least for me!). However it does smooth my hips out quite a bit, and I love the big hips I have. But it's a trade off!

PS

A-List Customer
If you could tell me what kind of garter belt you have (I have a Rago one too), I might be able better to answer your question.

Bonnie Jean,
I have the Rago Garter Belt style 72522, except mine has 6 straps instead of 4.

What are the favorite Rago items around here! I am very overwhelmed but want them all! I am still in shock that they offer an All In One that you purchase by cup size! Genius! The only one I've had for years never ever fit in the cup.

BonnieJean

Practically Family
PS,
That's the same style garter belt that I have and I love mine. I'm not sure if one of mine is a 'second' because its a little smaller at the waistline than the other ones in the same size. I'll wear that one when I know it won't be an all-day thing because it will rub me sometimes. The other ones seem to go to the other end of the spectrum as they can feel "stretched out" too, like yours. I've recently returned from a 2 week car trip and after riding in the car for several hours I would notice that the garter belt rolled down a bit at the waistline. A little adjustment and then it would be fine. But I haven't a clue why it does that. I hand wash mine too and thought maybe they would shrink up a bit, but I haven't noticed anything different after washing--loose or tighter, and I wear mine almost daily. I do have a Rago girdle, but I have sensitive skin and sometimes the elastic or something on the girdle rubs me wrong. All in all, Rago products are well made and I'll never go back to a 4 strap garter belt. There's a lot more "security" with the 6 strap and the metal clasps are very durable.

Now that I know what a quality garter/girdle looks like, I may see if I can find some other brands that will work just as well as the Rago. I'm sure some of the other ladies here can give you their 2 cents as well.

deelovely

Practically Family
pigeon toe said:
I'm the exact same way. A Rago girdle really does wonders at flattening the tummy (at least for me!). However it does smooth my hips out quite a bit, and I love the big hips I have. But it's a trade off!
I am sure you really don't have big hips.... but why would you like them big?!:eek: And you say this Rago girdle can really make a noticeable improvement? Wow! I need to look into getting me one!:eusa_doh: :)

pigeon toe

One Too Many
deelovely said:
I am sure you really don't have big hips.... but why would you like them big?!:eek: And you say this Rago girdle can really make a noticeable improvement? Wow! I need to look into getting me one!:eusa_doh: :)

I actually do have quite big hips for my frame, but a pretty tiny waist as well. I like the dramatic difference between the two, and the Rago girdle can shave like 3 inches off of my hips (they are very squishy), which makes my figure a bit less curvaceous.

PS

A-List Customer
Miss 1929 said:
My hips and bust are radically different sizes, so ordering by cup size means I can't get into it! Plus, I found their cups to be flattening. So the all-in-one was a failure for me.
I also found their tube-style girdles to run on the small side, I had to order larger than my measurements to get into it.

A note -always get the six-garter model! Your seams will stay straight all day long.

That means the All In One is out for me. Huge difference for me as well. I guess I would like to just start a nice basics drawer and really haven't an idea where to start.
Like tonight for example, my husband and I have an event to go to. I am wearing both my waist cincher and garter belt, because the belt has 6 straps and keeps my stockings in place and the cincher, for obvious reasons. It's just alot underneath my dress. During the summer the belt was sufficient and cooler as my summer dresses had hips that were more free. I'd like to add at least another 2 pieces that everyone finds essential.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
You could try a body shaper with garter straps.

I tend to like to go to the bathroom during an evening :eek: so I wear a panty gertle with straps, and a longline bra with hooks (that attatch to the panty girdle to keep it in place so it wont ride up) or the panty girtle/cincher combo with a normal bra.

If I do wear a garter belt, its not a supporting one, its just to hold up my stockings. Ill put that one on over a cincher and under the undies.

LD

PS

A-List Customer
Lady Day said:
You could try a body shaper with garter straps.

I tend to like to go to the bathroom during an evening :eek:

LD

Oh me too! Even in just a pair of pants with a few drinks in me I likely to make at least 4 visits to the ladies room.

I have searched for this answer before posting but couldn't find...how do you buy a slip, by bust size or hips size? I had a lovely vintage slip for many years until I outgrew it because of having babies. It didn't have a tag, I purchased it just to wear while getting putting my makeup on and doing my hair. Ever since I have looked for a replacement but they all seem so awkward. The last was enormous, the bust was very high and straps too short or the ornate lace details shows through my clothing. I am looking on 'bay now but am just confused.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
PS said:
I have searched for this answer before posting but couldn't find...how do you buy a slip, by bust size or hips size? I had a lovely vintage slip for many years until I outgrew it because of having babies. It didn't have a tag, I purchased it just to wear while getting putting my makeup on and doing my hair. Ever since I have looked for a replacement but they all seem so awkward. The last was enormous, the bust was very high and straps too short or the ornate lace details shows through my clothing. I am looking on 'bay now but am just confused.

Most slips, at least vintage ones, are sized by bust size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters