Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Girdles, Corsets, and Underpinnings

Status
Not open for further replies.

*martini*time*

A-List Customer
Hi Ladies! I have a stocking question. I don't know where my garter belt and stockings should sit. It seems that all the belts that i buy in stores around here sit at a lower rise then what i would want. I wear high waisted stuff, i don't want my garters down around my butt crack...and then, where should proper stockings sit so that my garters don't snap and hit me. I have TRIED and TRIED to find something along the lines of what secretsinlace.com have here in Canada but to no avail. I don't want to pay for shipping and in the fear that something wouldn't fit me and i would have to send it back. How do you know what size of stockings you should get. I'm pretty tall and it seems that nothing goes high enough on me. I know the size chart is on the back but apparently to many of those companies, women are only allowed to be 5'10" and 180lbs...

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
Random thoughts

Suddenly I'm remembering girdle ads on tv from my childhood. When did those stop - late 70s?
I've worn my Rago cincher a few times, and really like it. It's not drastic (and I do have the bug to one day get myself one of those devices that takes 3 or 4 inches off, wouldn't that be amazing?), but I feel good wearing it. My husband doesn't get it though. I mean, he likes the sexy lingerie thing, and stockings and garters when we're having a romantic, saucy evening, but with this he says, "you don't need a corset, what's the matter with you?" When I insist it's not because I have a poor body image, or think I'm 'fat' or any thing (though I certainly wouldn't mind firming up and losing an inch or two, but I don't say that), but it's just to smooth things out and make my clothes look better, he still doesn't quite grasp it.
Silly boy.

Miss Caroline

Familiar Face
I was wondering the same thing....
I'm dying to get a good girdle... I don't want to spend much and don't know where to start... I have several corsets... but they're not very suitable for every day wear.

This thread is proving to be a big help though!

Lily Powers

Practically Family
Hestia said:
I was wondering the same thing! I love the look of it, the explosion of laces is just gorgeous, but it seems like it wouldn't exactly "smooth", rather the opposite-- ? I'd love to hear a review once you get it, cassylynn!

How do I ask this delicately? :eek: If the woman wearing that had eaten a vintage bran muffin... would she need that other lady to help her get back into that undergarment?

Dame LouLou said:
Girdles give you confidence. I'm pro-girdle!
I notice that when I wear corsets, girdles or shapewear, that I naturally stand straighter and keep my abdominal muscles taut, and when I take it off, I still tend to have that "muscle memory," so to speak, and continue to stand tall and taut. They're actually kind of fun to wear.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Seems like Pilates and Zumba classes would be easier in the long run to me, and less tortuous... and I'd get to eat:)

Lily Powers said:
Hmmm, if I can train my high energy Border Collie mix to sit and stay, I can certainly train my waist to be tinier. Only no chewy treats to reward the good behavior! lol

PS

A-List Customer
I forgot that I came here with a question! Ooops.

I was wondering what your favorite type of foundation garments are, I don't mean brand but I mean item wise. I used to be a strictly waist cincher and garter belt lady and I am now finding that a long line bra and girdle panties cinch my waist better. But the panties do nothing for my tummy(below the belly button), I sometimes feel they even make it more pronounced. In a full skirt or dress its not a big deal but I am preparing myself for a few pencil dress purchaes for fall. So while I love tight cinched waist, the panties give me more tummy than I actually have. Would it be better to do a longline bra, with a garter belt and tap pants? All in ones never have enough bust support for me. What about if I don't want to wear stockings but prefer tights? What combo then?

zombi

A-List Customer
I just purchased a corselette from mybabyjo.com -- does anyone have experience with these ones they sell? I'm looking forward to having more proper undergarments for vintage clothing.

They didn't have a beige one in my size :( so I had to go with white. I hope I don't regret choosing white!

jetgirl

One of the Regulars
What Katie Did

I'm interested in the Glamour Waist Cincher from What Katie Did. It looks like their underbust girdle, but has more boning to nip in the waist. Has anyone tried this? Does it roll down off the bra at all? I love my corselette, but now I'm debating about getting this...

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Just a bit of an announcement ladies.

Lizzie and I have agreed, because of the insane popularity of this thread and the amazing content it has, we are going to brake it into 3 smaller threads.

Something like this:

What's on Top -- The Great Bra Thread (which will also include panties and slips, get it, on top! HA...okay...)

Down Bottom -- The Girdle Thread (down I say ye bottom! ;) )

Lacing Up -- The Corset Thread

We will probably get started on it in a day or so.

Thanks, and now back to our regularly scheduled bra chat :)

LD

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Lady Day said:
Just a bit of an announcement ladies.

Lizzie and I have agreed, because of the insane popularity of this thread and the amazing content it has, we are going to brake it into 3 smaller threads.

Something like this:

What's on Top -- The Great Bra Thread (which will also include panties and slips, get it, on top! HA...okay...)

Down Bottom -- The Girdle Thread (down I say ye bottom! ;) )

Lacing Up -- The Corset Thread

Great idea ladies, thanks for all your hard work!

Just don't make me confused about where to go for info on high waisted panties - I'm likely to try to go to the "bottom" thread for something like that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21