Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Girdles, Corsets, and Underpinnings

Status
Not open for further replies.

exquisitebones

A-List Customer
Has anyone else have problems ordering from GirdleBound.com ??
I tried to place my order, and it told me they were not a secure wesbite and to leave... [huh]

GreyAndWhiteCat

Familiar Face
I would think that is probably a safety mechanism in your browser. It probably means GirdleBound doesn’t have heavy enough encrypting between you and their server when you want to buy something from them. Most modern browsers will ask you to not use these kinds of web shops. You can overrule the browser I would think, but there can be risks of your information getting on wrong hands. I hope my explanation can help you understand what is happening exquisitebones.

Laura Chase

One Too Many
exquisitebones said:
Has anyone else have problems ordering from GirdleBound.com ??
I tried to place my order, and it told me they were not a secure wesbite and to leave... [huh]

I think GreyAndWhiteCat is right. If you can't get it to work, just try emailing him and submitting your order this way, he's really helpful.

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
There is a gorgeous pantygirdle availible on stockingshq!! I have never seen those before. That will be perfect for me, since my girdles and corselettes always comes down so low, making it difficult to wear panties over. Any thoughts on pantygirdles?

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Darhling said:
There is a gorgeous pantygirdle availible on stockingshq!! I have never seen those before. That will be perfect for me, since my girdles and corselettes always comes down so low, making it difficult to wear panties over. Any thoughts on pantygirdles?

I wear them a lot -- they're especially good if you expect to be moving around a lot because they give you a bit more flexibility. The main disadvantage is that the garters may hang lower than on a regular girdle, and your stockings may be too long. I often buy shorter stockings than I'd ordinarily wear to use with panty girdles.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Darhling said:

I love them. I really like the Rago Diet-Minded ones. They're a little lighter control so they're very comfortable for everyday wear.

Lizzie is right about the garters being longer, but most are removable so you can replace them with shorter ones if you like.

64tonya

One of the Regulars
Who else can I tell?

I just got my first real vintage bullet bra today! I feel like I have two mt fujis on my chest lol I also wanted it to go with my many tight sweaters, but I wonder if it will attract a little more attention than I'm comfortable with...I feel a little like a superhero...."Which way? That way to the batmobile!" (Pointing Mt Fuji)

graverobbergirl

New in Town
64tonya said:
I just got my first real vintage bullet bra today! I feel like I have two mt fujis on my chest lol I also wanted it to go with my many tight sweaters, but I wonder if it will attract a little more attention than I'm comfortable with...I feel a little like a superhero...."Which way? That way to the batmobile!" (Pointing Mt Fuji)

:eusa_clap Brilliant! I don't think I could ever make that transition...I'm too used to them being round, guess they're more Appalacian than Rockies (or Mt Fujis)

64tonya

One of the Regulars
Girdle Advice?

Hey ladies, I am a big fan of the pencil skirt and have many gathering dust because I need a nice tummy flattener. That little pooch suddenly looks very big in most of those skirts :mad: (My new bullet bra has inspired me to get them back into circulation ;) ) I really don't know what to look for [huh] I'm about a 28-29 waist and 37 hip. How do I size these? I have a modern pair that are like shorts, but they don't do much. I was thinking of the hi-waist open kind with attached garters. Any input would be great.

Lareesie Ladavi

One of the Regulars
64tonya said:
Hey ladies, I am a big fan of the pencil skirt and have many gathering dust because I need a nice tummy flattener. That little pooch suddenly looks very big in most of those skirts :mad: (My new bullet bra has inspired me to get them back into circulation ;) ) I really don't know what to look for [huh] I'm about a 28-29 waist and 37 hip. How do I size these? I have a modern pair that are like shorts, but they don't do much. I was thinking of the hi-waist open kind with attached garters. Any input would be great.

This works great. ;) It cinches in the back and zips in the front. It also has detachable garters. It flattens the stomach, while cinching, for an hour glass shape. While I wouldn't wear it every day, it is nice for those days you want to look extra-thin. I'm on my second one... For your measurements, I'd get a small.

http://www.fredericks.com/Ultimate_...d.html?cgid=corsets - by style-waist cinchers

PS

A-List Customer
Opps!

I shopped. Oh man.
vargas-girdle-1.jpg

vargasdress-redblack.jpg

plus a pair of sheer knickers and seamed stockings.

hepburn and leigh has a code WELCOME for 15% for new shoppers. I was powerless. I bought the vargas dress for 36. USD. Girdlebound charges 88. I am so weak!

64tonya

One of the Regulars
hepburn and leigh has a code WELCOME for 15% for new shoppers. I was powerless. I bought the vargas dress for 36. USD. Girdlebound charges 88. I am so weak![/QUOTE]
Oh, I am so drooling over that Vargas! I'm already calculating pounds to dollars...

64tonya

One of the Regulars
exquisitebones said:
I just bought the rago shapette in 1359 at http://brabarella.com
for 25$!!!!

that was the cheapest I found it.
I hope it is what I am looking for. its says firm control, which I dont think i need, but i did want a nice shaping OBG.
anyone have one????
They have the best prices! I'm looking at a few items on there myself. I thought about that one, but I was afraid of the dreaded muffintop. Let me know how you like yours :)

PS

A-List Customer
PHP:
They have the best prices! I'm looking at a few items on there myself. I thought about that one, but I was afraid of the dreaded muffintop. Let me know how you like yours

I can't wear anything that stops right below my ribs. I am 'very ribby', does that make any sense. I have a large rib cage and stuff that stops right there pulls my waist in further and makes me ribs look like overhang that with whatever extra i do have on my waist...is very not cute. this is why i hate the panty girdle. that and the rubber on the thighs...ouch.:rage:

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
PS said:
hepburn and leigh has a code WELCOME for 15% for new shoppers. I was powerless. I bought the vargas dress for 36. USD. Girdlebound charges 88. I am so weak!

would you mind posting a link to this? I looked at girdlebound and don't see what you're talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points