Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Girl Crushes!

beth

Familiar Face
I decided to watch Pushing Daisies a couple days ago, and I love it. The character Chuck is adorable! I wish I could have her wardrobe. :)

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
janelynch.jpg

I don't watch Glee, but I LOVED Jane Lynch in A Mighty Wind, The 40 Year Old Virgin, and if you all ever see Party Down (which is the costume she's wearing in the shot), it's the greatest show ever!

LD

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
We agree again, LD - Party Down was very clever and utterly hilarious! The rest of the cast was also great, but Lynch was definitely missed when she left to do Glee. (Party Down got last year's edition of my personal My So-Called Life award for being canceled much, much too soon!)

Just off the top of my head, some other great Jane Lynch appearances - Best In Show, Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story (the funniest film I've seen in years), Julie & Julia (as Julia Child's even taller, louder sister!) - and countless TV apperances. Actually, she's always outstanding, even in tiny little character parts.

BTW, from my perspective, this season on Glee, she was actually less interesting - if still hilarious - as an increasingly cartoony villain, but she was brilliantly moving when she had to carry the show's dramatic freight (especially in the episode where her beloved sister with Down's Syndrome died.)

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Modern:

Cate Blanchett. She's fantastic in everything, not just period pieces.
14491s8.jpg

4l57bk.jpg

Dita von Teese, goes without saying.
2eob5nm.jpg

Christina Hendricks
294rtzm.jpg

Vintage:

Myrna Loy
hrdjz5.jpg

Claudette Colbert

Saint-Just

One of the Regulars
Quite a few names I was expecting to see much earlier in the thread...

Ingrid
Ingrid-Bergman12.jpg

Michelle
9268%20-%20Michelle%20Morgan.jpg

Jodie
silence-of-the-lambs.jpg

And Claudia
claudia_cardinale.jpg

And I will add my voice for Patti and Debbie, outstanding women...

W-D Forties

Practically Family
Sophia Loren for sure.

If I could look like anyone in the world I would look like Sophia. Ever since I first saw her a a kid in 'Boy On A Dolphin' I have thought she was the most beautiful woman on the planet. Alas, I am about as far from Sophia physically as it is possible to get!

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
My crush for the brain of this lady only grows bigger as time goes by! I'm head over heels!lol

God bless her more and more and more and forever! :eusa_clap

Judge Judy you are beyond amazing!:love:

[video=youtube;BIYBki9QTZw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIYBki9QTZw&feature=related[/video]

LizzieMaine

Bartender
women_davis.jpg

Caroline Dawson Davis

Born in 1911, operated a drill press alongside her father in a factory in Elkhart, Indiana in the mid-thirties, organized and led the first union in the plant, and in 1948 became the head of the Women's Unit of the United Auto Workers. Devoted her whole life to protecting the interests of blue-collar working women, and was one of the Era's most active crusaders for Equal Pay for Equal Work.

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
Lynn Peril, the author of College Girls, Pink Think, and (my personal favourite) Swimming in the Steno Pool. She gives such a thorough examination of Golden Era pop culture and ways of thinking. She is fascinating!

lv_f1_onthetown_peril_0.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails