Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Girl Crushes!

Grant Fan

Practically Family
I have a couple of modern ones
Catherine Zeta Jones
zorro_silk2.jpg

Christina Hendricks
images.jpg

Kate Winslet especially in Titanic (That's why I made my hair red to start with)
The-best-top-hd-desktop-kate-winslet-wallpaper-kate-winslet-wallpapers-titanic-wallpaper-23.jpg

Vintage ladies
My all time favorite Rita Hayworth
meandmadog.jpg

Grace Kelly
gracekelly.jpg

Ava Gardner
AvaGardner1.jpg

and Betty Grable
Annex-GrableBetty_08.jpg

Henry Gondorff

A-List Customer
My Vintage girl crush is Vivien Leigh. We saw beautiful pictures of her already, so I won't post another one. My modern girl crush is, without any doubt, Jennifer Aniston. I'm crazy about her! And: she is just five years older than me, so we still might end up together! :rofl:

jennifer_aniston4.jpg

Jennifer-Aniston.jpg

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
^ My husband loves Jennifer Aniston too. I think it is so funny because normally he has a very distinct type - voluptuous and definitely not blonde! (Christina Hendricks, Nigella, and young Kirstie Alley are some of his favorites.)

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
I quite like Joanna Lumley - I haven't seen much of her acting work (never watched Ab Fab) but she seems lovely - always polite, oozing good manners, poise and calm - she seems the type who would just know what to do in any situation and handle with with grace:

Joanna-Lumley.jpg

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
women_davis.jpg

Caroline Dawson Davis

Born in 1911, operated a drill press alongside her father in a factory in Elkhart, Indiana in the mid-thirties, organized and led the first union in the plant, and in 1948 became the head of the Women's Unit of the United Auto Workers. Devoted her whole life to protecting the interests of blue-collar working women, and was one of the Era's most active crusaders for Equal Pay for Equal Work.

Thank you.

LD

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Your post didn't disappear. I removed it.
1) You had already posted the same pictures just a few pages ago.
2) They were HUGE
and
3) As you stated, you were being redundant.
We get it, you loooooooove her. Lets move on.

Lets get some new life into this thread! :D

LD

Last edited:

LizzieMaine

Bartender
1921-Bertha-Brainard.jpg

Bertha Brainard

Born in 1890, one of the most important women in the history of broadcasting. Started out as a newspaper theatre critic, and began doing broadcasts of her reviews in 1922 over station WJZ in Newark. Quickly moved up in the business, and became the station's program director in 1926. When WJZ merged into NBC in 1927, she joined the staff of the network and was appointed Chief of Programming in 1928, and remained a key executive at NBC until she retired in 1946. One of my personal role models, plus she had great hair.

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Maeve Brennan (1917–1993) - Irish Short Story Writer and Journalist:

200px-Maeve_Brennan1.jpg

nina-leen-maeve-brennan-of-harpers-bazaar-looking-through-store-window.jpg

She had a fascinating life that ended quite tragically and is now all but forgotten. I went to the house when she grew up and was disappointed to see that there is no plaque for her.

Grant Fan

Practically Family
Maeve Brennan (1917–1993) - Irish Short Story Writer and Journalist:

200px-Maeve_Brennan1.jpg

nina-leen-maeve-brennan-of-harpers-bazaar-looking-through-store-window.jpg

She had a fascinating life that ended quite tragically and is now all but forgotten. I went to the house when she grew up and was disappointed to see that there is no plaque for her.

Oh she was stunning.... I adore her look in that second picture

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
I'm a bit confused - are we only supposed to be posting about people we find intellectually stimulating or who otherwise contribute to society? Or can we post the "I just think she's pretty" or "She has really nice hair" movie stars, too?

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
This may be very shallow of me, but I have a lot more girl crushes for physical looks than I do for mind/accomplishments. I saw the thread title and got into the "If I were a man..." mindset I suppose!

Anyway, in addition to R. Hayworth, there can only be one Marilyn!

I'm surprised that Marilyn, the world's most famous sex symbol, isn't mentioned very often in the "most beautiful actress" threads aimed at Lounge gentlemen. Perhaps she goes without saying?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner