Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Girl Crushes!

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
Angela was awfully cute, wasn't she? :)

I noticed you posted Peggie Castle a page back. I love her, she was such a bombshell in I, The Jury. :)

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
Attractive and talented Dorothea Tanning (born 1910 - she is still alive and is more than 100 years old! :D) American painter, printmaker, sculptor and writer,most famous today for being the fourth wife of one of the gods of Surrealism, Max Ernst.

ManRayDT1948.jpg

tumblr_lmaval6BM51qcl8ymo1_500.jpg
DT1944.jpg

with husband Max surrounded by Surrealism!
7957.jpg

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Angela was awfully cute, wasn't she? :)

I noticed you posted Peggie Castle a page back. I love her, she was such a bombshell in I, The Jury. :)

Two cuties! We have similar taste, you and I. ;0 I think I saw you also like Anne Francis? I'm just about to start watching the 'Honey West' tv series. Similar to The Avengers; hope it's good!
X
BD

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I'm a bit confused - are we only supposed to be posting about people we find intellectually stimulating or who otherwise contribute to society? Or can we post the "I just think she's pretty" or "She has really nice hair" movie stars, too?

You can post whomever you choose, but if you've looked back through these pages, literally a handful of the same people have been mentioned over, and over, and over....zzzzzz. I know you ladies have more diversity :)

I think whoever floats your boat, physically, intellectually, spiritually, metaphysically, well... that's what i assumed anyway...:D

That's it!

LD

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Ruth Harkness

1024x1024-837504.jpg

A real-life combination of Myrna Loy and Indiana Jones. Born in 1900, she was a martini-swilling, chain-smoking Manhattan dress designer/socialite married to a globe-trotting explorer -- who died mysteriously in 1934 while on an expedition to the wilderness of western China seeking to capture the first live giant panda to be brought to the West. Ruth decided that if he couldn't accomplish this goal, she would -- so she formed an expedition of her own and led it deep into the mountains near the Tibetan border, where after braving gangs of bandits and marauding warlord armies, she discovered an infant panda abandoned by its mother in the trunk of a hollow tree. She brought the cub back to America in December 1936 and instantly she and "Su Lin," the animal she considered her baby, became global celebrities. She later returned to China to bring back a mate for Su Lin, and returned in 1938 with "Mei Mei," helping to bring global attention to the need to conserve rare species, not shoot them for trophies.

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
Ruth Harkness

A real-life combination of Myrna Loy and Indiana Jones.

Amazing lady! thank you for posting!

Funny that you mention Myrna Loy, I was about to post pictures of Mina Loy! :eeek: "......not the actress, the poet. Not Myrna Loy, Mina Loy (1882-1966). It is one of the best-kept secrets of Hollywood that the marquis name of the screen star who played Nora Charles in The Thin Man (1934) was inspired by the poet Mina Loy, who had a brief acting career at the Provincetown Playhouse in the 1910s. Mina Loy was the one of the most beautiful of a beautiful generation of poets"

mina500.jpg
mina-loy.jpg

minaloy.jpg

But most important for me (my favorite topic ever is Paris in the 1920s) she was a member of that crowd!:D
In this incredible photo here we have la creme of la creme of who was who back then in Paris!
Group portrait of American and European artists and performers in Paris--Man Ray, Mina Loy, Tristan Tzara, Jean Cocteau, Ezra Pound, Jane Heap, Kiki, ...... omg!!!!:D Mina Loy is sitting and looking at Man Ray with his camera.

3c13902v.jpg

Miss sofia

One Too Many
Me neither. I would love to look like her when i'm a grown up! She is my serious hair crush. Although i did read that she has a chap come round every morning at 5am to give her a blowdry.

AdrianLvsRocky

One of the Regulars
Nigella Lawson. I can't help myself. I just adore her.

My flame has been reignited recently with the preparation for Christmas. I swear by Nigella's Christmas cookbook. I find myself laughing out loud at her little stories intermingled with the recipes and know that if I ever met her, I'd just gaze at her adoringly and nod in agreement with everything she said.

Making Nigella's Christmas pudding tonight so get to spend some glorious time reading her words and gazing at her lovely face.

Sigh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider