Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Girls - I need your help! (Makeup-related)

Tinseltown

A-List Customer
So I am volunteering on a big musical as a Makeup-assistant.
The musical is set in the late 50s and early 60's.
I have been asked to research makeup from that period of time.
Could you share pictures with me of vintage ladies wearing makeup suitable for that era?
Thanks.

GOK

One Too Many
The wonderful Diana Dors:

Diana20Dors20red.jpg

diana20dors20face20pic.jpg

diana20dors20red20pic.jpg

4-1096-famosas16.jpg

Shirley Maclaine:

4-1090-shirleymclaine1-1.jpg

4-1090-shirley.jpg

4-1090-MacLaine__Shirley_2.jpg

BettyValentine

A-List Customer
Whoa, I *really* prefer the way Marilyn looks when she's not "done up". She was so pretty under all that makeup and peroxide.

Sophia Loren is way too pretty ... and I'd give just about anything to be a gamine-type like Audrey.

BV

Eleanor Marie

One of the Regulars
Interesting

I have just realised how 'heavy' the girls have their eyebrows! Maybe I don't need to pluck mine into oblivion after all! Thanks everyone for the pics, they are a great help to those of us researching for personal use too. :)

Viviene

Vendor
I was just having the same thought about the eyebrows! Methinks I should show my 9-year-old daughter why she does not need to touch her "unibrow" as she calls it. Since she loves vintage fashions this could be a tool well worth using to teach her to leave the brows alone!:)

AirborneSally

New in Town
Im still mastering the art of 40's and 50's make up! I like 40's better then the 50's and 60's I think it was soo much prettier!

I love the true red lips and flawless complection that everyone had in the 40's, it changed a little as time went on, as always!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy