Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

girls in guy's garb

TCMfan25

Practically Family
Not for me either way, woman in men's and especially men in women's... wear the clothes for your gender.

Malia%20friend%20Miss%20Gay%20Latina%20queen.1.jpg
NO! NO! NO!

1257182147520.jpg
NO! NO! NO!

lake_gettykeystone_62983s.jpg
YES! YES! YES!

il_fullxfull.186974340.jpg
YES!

PabloElFlamenco

Practically Family
My two cents? Some girls look very smart in guy's clothes. The problem with my statement is that, even if I like that look (note: "some girls", right), it doesn't mean anything. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. This particular beholder is more attracted to girls looking like ...girls... except some girls, who look fine in masculine clothes, but NOT because it makes them look like men. In fact, analysing the subject, I like some girls in guy's clothes because, frankly, it doesn't diminish their feminity. Garçonne, ¿right? But that reflects only upon ME, and I have no judgment to make on how these women feel since that is, strictly speaking, none of my business (unless they show a liking to me...). You know, there's all those so-called "slut parades" going on. Just because a girl (at my age I do prefer "women") wears a mini-skirt, or whatever looks juicy, doesn't grant me the right or the privilege of forcing myself upon her, or even in fact make comments, and that works exactly in the same way for women I don't find in any way attractive. It's very much a matter of respect, which I can only hope would be mutual. And yes, I have intervened in the street when observing other-culture kids bothering girls on our European streets! I ain't no saint, nor an idiot.

PabloElFlamenco

Practically Family
Oh, and just because I forgot, I've even found some (some!) men in ladies clothes attractive, but only those who are serious, not the comedians. Not that I have, ever, had a relationship with any of them. I don't think I could hack it, and it wouldn't be serious, hence, reprehensible.

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
The stronger the personality, the easier the person can pull off "non-traditional" or even "over-the-top" styles. Being 100% comfortable with one's personal style is step #1, I think.

scooter

Practically Family
Gents, when it comes to the ladies, I admire them all and place no artificial restrictions on them. Men's clothing, women's clothing, it matters not. Most of them have redeeming qualities and as they say, beauty is only skin deep.

Male impersonator acts were a very popular staple of vaudeville and Music Hall. Here's one of the greats, Hetty King (1883-1972). She was still performing up until her death at age 89.

[video=youtube;uxHKEdaXhzo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxHKEdaXhzo&NR=1[/video]

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy