Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Godzilla is alive! Ultimate work boot!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
These are 'hobnailed boots', some interesting history on them here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hobnailed_boots

They are quite imposing, can't imagine wearing them in the city, however...
They would be a stinker to wear as they are during any use other than in the field or dirt, however one thing about these boots are that the layer of the sole that is hobnailed is completely detachable with some slight effort. I myself would not take the very bottom layer of the soles off, but it could be done without any help of a cobbler. If the very bottom layer of the sole was removed, the sole would still be good and heavy and last for a fairly long time without a doubt. In inspecting the soles of these boots, it was clearly part of the design that the bottom could be removed, it is held in place by a series of screws....and perhaps some "barge" adhesive.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Not sure if it is true or not, but I heard a rumor that a really famous dance man once said if you want to learn how to dance properly, buy these boots and learn how the right way! Myself, it is O.K. if you want to use these boots for dance lessons, just imagine the look on someone's face if by accident you happen to step on their toes? "Oh sorry Mildred, just learning here Miss" as she needs her toes splinted back on! But seriously, these are as one may put it, with no puns intended, some very "smashing" boots! Buy these and be good for the winter!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
These boots are what are known as "ammunition boots". Hobnailed and from what I have been recently told would have a normal retail value of $400.00 if you can even find a source for them. These boots would be perfect for someone that wants to roam the woods or forests or being outside in any rough terrain. If you want to buy these and are looking for the ultimate deal, I will sell you the pair of allen edmonds for half price and ship them with these boots. You can't beat that deal, and I can guarantee you will be a very happy camper! Weeeeeee Haaaaaw! I have these all ready to go....buy them and make your feet happy!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I can tell as it is, this listing will win an award in a year or two for the most viewed item for sale here....weeeeeee haaaaaw! lol! Unless of course, someone wants to buy these boots. I am amazed of the number of things I can think of they can be used for....walnut cracking....mulching for your garden....giving a real wild "walk on my back" massage, making wine from grapes....and then of course, merely using them for a great pair of field wear boots.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
These are still wandering the halls of the lounge here....make an offer! Don't be shy....all I could say is no.....or yes!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
You know cheapo boots sell for close to a hundred and most of them are fairly junky in quality....but, as it is near that time of year for Santa to make his rounds...I am being a giving soul......$100.00 shipped to USA for these boots.....

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
OMG! OMG! OMG! I have a biter on these boots! I am gonna break out the bubbly if they sell! I got one fake Cuban Cigar, I am gonna light it up too!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Well now, these are sold, paid for and gonna be shipped out first thing Monday Morning. I have to do my normal conditioning and polish treatment before I do ship them so the new owner can see themselves in the shine like a mirror! Thank you everyone that took a peek at these and anything I have listed here. Now...let me see....I have a cigar to light up, and some "bubbly" to crack open and celebrate the decent transaction of selling to a fellow lounger and giving them a fairly decent deal....it makes me smile ear to ear! Thanks! weeeeee haaaaw!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.

Just doing the finishing touch on these boots before I place them back into being all packed and ready to ship out to new owner! The polish is looking fairly "snazzy"!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner