Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

going gray?

Irish_Rin

New in Town
Happy with my skin.. but those darn grays!

I found my first real grey hair after I had my son...and the grey's haven't stopped since. I have been every color but blonde and my hair is rather dark now and, there they are like little lightening bolts popping out all over. I go to war with them every 4 weeks or so.

Lareesie Ladavi

One of the Regulars
It's like balding...When they find a cure for that, then you'd think they'd find something for graying. AS for men, I love "the silver haired fox".

Does anyone ever have some younger people tell you that you should let your hair grow out, to it's natural color? That is one of my peeves.

Josephine

One Too Many
I've been dying my hair with henna for a number of years, and I'm tired of doing the roots every two weeks and really miss my curly hair (the henna smoothed it all out). My last "dye job" was Oct 20th. I figure I have to wait until the end of Feb until it's long enough that a short haircut will cut it all away.

I like my red hair, but it's a bit of a pain. I really want silver hair. It's taking too long to turn!

Real Swell Gal

One of the Regulars
I've been going gray since I was about 20.
I'm 37 now and I'm a slave to the dye as well.
I tried to grow it out once and it made me look like a hag.
So it's back to the brown/black.

just_me

Practically Family
I use Clairol Natural Instincts dark auburn. What I like about it is it's not permanent and starts slowly washing away after a few weeks. That way there's no line as my hair grows in. It's easy to use and it takes less than a 1/2 hour every 5 weeks or so.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy