Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Going on vacation?

Nashoba

One Too Many
Off to SoCal in August for a bachelorette Party at Disneyland (I'm the MOH and that's where the bride wanted to go so off all 5 of us in the bridal party go!, just don't tell my husband what it's going to cost...lol)
Then when the hubby comes home from Iraq we're planning on (hopefully) going to Hawaii for my birthday.

Rosie

One Too Many
I am actually on vacation for NINE days starting today! But, since my house is being renovated (who HASN'T heard about that kitchen lol) I'm kind of poor. But, since I live in NYC, I'm going to have a vactaion at home. My current beau also has vacation that starts in a few days.

Today, I'm washing clothes and washing my old couch cover before my couch goes off to its new home, but after this, my puppy and I are hitting the city big time! Parks, museums, restaurants, bikeriding, there is even a puppy mini cruise on the Circle Line that we are booked for. Hopefully we'll have a good time.

Turnip

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Just returned from a nice, little three weeks summertime road trip around southern Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Italy. Kicked off at the Bodensee we went to the upper Italian lagos Maggiore and Como and drove back home with an extended stopover in Freiburg, Breisgau. Met a lot of very nice people and one real a..hole who came of course, where from else, from Germany.
Intense and rather hot days and many friendly experiences

Cheers

Turnip

FOXTROT LAMONT

One Too Many
Had considered a flyout to Saratoga New York for the Travers Stakes the other week but travel in this
country is royally bollicked with migrant issues in New York added to mix so I'm stayed put this holiday.

Turnip

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Maybe you should have joined that very friendly travel group from USofA we shared a hotel with in Lecco, Lago Como, instead.

FOXTROT LAMONT

One Too Many
Maybe you should have joined that very friendly travel group from USofA we shared a hotel with in Lecco, Lago Como, instead.
Actually London stay home holidays are fine since I am exceedingly lazy by nature and find travel labourious.
I make do for work and horse betting but otherwise putter around with coffee and robe.

Last edited:
Had considered a flyout to Saratoga New York for the Travers Stakes the other week but travel in this
country is royally bollicked with migrant issues in New York added to mix so I'm stayed put this holiday.
My wife and I are not horse people, have never been to the track. But in our recent holiday in Kentucky paid a visit to Keeneland on our way to Woodford Distillery. It was early in the morning and we wanted to drop in and watch them exercise the horses.
Early morning, no one there but us standing at the rail and two horses come galloping down the stretch. The muffled sound of their hooves on the soft track and then this noise that grew louder as they raced closer. The sound of their breathing, the flared nostrils and the pounding of the hooves was in a word amazing. My wife, not an overly emotional person, began to tear up at the spectacle of these amazing animals.
We had a great time in Kentucky and the visit to Keeneland was in the top two experiences of the trip.
We just might go back to see an actual race!

FOXTROT LAMONT

One Too Many
My wife and I are not horse people, have never been to the track. But in our recent holiday in Kentucky paid a visit to Keeneland on our way to Woodford Distillery. It was early in the morning and we wanted to drop in and watch them exercise the horses.
Early morning, no one there but us standing at the rail and two horses come galloping down the stretch. The muffled sound of their hooves on the soft track and then this noise that grew louder as they raced closer. The sound of their breathing, the flared nostrils and the pounding of the hooves was in a word amazing. My wife, not an overly emotional person, began to tear up at the spectacle of these amazing animals.
We had a great time in Kentucky and the visit to Keeneland was in the top two experiences of the trip.
We just might go back to see an actual race!

I've dropped some serious quid betting both Keeneland and patronizing Woodford Distillery.

I've dropped some serious quid betting both Keeneland and patronizing Woodford Distillery.
We had a great time at Woodford. Arrived late morning and the visitor's centre was jambed with tour bus folks. We dislike crowds, don't do distillery tours as it cuts into drinking time. I was most disappointed but asked the barkeep at the cocktail station where I could go to sample the whiskey. He directed me across the parking lot and across the road to their bar. It was an oasis of calm adjacent to the madness of the tour bus crowd.
There was just us and one other couple. We set up our own tasting, sat in comfy leather chairs in a living room setting, by the window with the sun streaming through. Then we toured the grounds to process the alcohol before heading out to Frankfort for the rest of the day.

FOXTROT LAMONT

One Too Many
We had a great time at Woodford. Arrived late morning and the visitor's centre was jambed with tour bus folks. We dislike crowds, don't do distillery tours as it cuts into drinking time. I was most disappointed but asked the barkeep at the cocktail station where I could go to sample the whiskey.
I received a Woodford Reserve comp perk whilst stayed at the Venetian in Las Vegas.
If Vegas is anticipated holiday locus soon the V's comp lavish is quite exceptional patronage reward.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner