Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Going on vacation?

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Summers up. It's Vacationtime!!!!! Time to relax, have fun, swim, climb the mountain, read the books or whatever...where are you going?

We - my wife, son and I - are going to Tuscany for two weeks in a few weeks time.:D
This is our house. Half way between Firence and Sienna.
And half way between Radda in Chianti and Castellina in Chianti.
Smack in the Chianti mountains.

toscana.jpg

woodyinnyc

One of the Regulars
Wow! I'm so jealous! I was supposed to spend two weeks in Positano last month, but I had to cancel it. :( Broke my heart to do it, but there is always next year. Have a great time and enjoy!

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
We're travelling up to Nordland next month. We're going to my fianc?©e's father's cottage which is up a fjord near Fauske for some salt water fishing for kveite (halibut) and steinbit (wolffish). Then off fly fishing for trout up in the mountains behind Misv?¶r.

Did I mention I like fishing :D

Speedster

Practically Family
My wife and i went to Rome for a week in the beginning of June (the kids stayed with my parents) and from mid July the whole family will go to a summercottage in Asserbo in Nordsj?¶lland for 3 weeks. Looking very much forward to that.

Spitfire, that looks like a very nice house in a very nice place.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I'm not much for Summer holidays per se, too many crowds. I much prefer Fall.

gluegungeisha

Practically Family
I'm going to Portland at the end of July. It's mostly a leisure trip for me, but I'm going there in the first place because my mother is teaching a seminar...sometimes I travel with her when I'm not busy. I'm also going to be looking at schools, since I'm considering transferring to that area next year.

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This hothouse flower takes her vacations in Winter, to warmer places. I went to Las Vegas to meet some of the Loungers in January ;) , and drove out of a terrible snowstorm in February to Florida with a pug for 2 weeks to visit my mom and to thrift shop. When I came back the streets were clear. :) Not the warmest time to visit but warmer than here: I get plenty of warmth here in the Summer. 93F yesterday.
Spitfire, your house is beautiful.

RedPop4

One Too Many
We just returned from Disney and the Tampa/Clearwater area.
Visited Ybor City, smoked copious amounts of cigars with my good buddy from Clearwater, and visited Tarpon Springs, as well.

If anyone is interested in cheesy vacation photos, you can visit my gallery over at Cigar Weekly
http://galleries.cigarweekly.com/TommyBB/Vacation-2007

I would think that the photos from Ybor and Tarpon Springs would be of the most interest to the folks here. Enjoy.

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
bella, don't forget to give me a call while you're here, so we can get together for a drink or something!!

glue gun geisha, i might be out of town while you're in portland, but if not we should try to meet up as well :)

as for me, i'm cobbling together a couple mini-vacations over the summer. the first is the oregon country fair, which is in a couple weeks and happens right outside of eugene. the second is, my best friend from the bay area is driving up, to stay with me, and after that we're going to road trip up through washington. nothing fancy, but this is what finances are allowing. i'm grateful just to get to do these things! i haven't been more than 100 miles from home in over a year-and-a-half. :rolleyes:

pretty faythe

One Too Many
Vacation is 1 day with just one kid at Big Bear then Knots Berry Farm after my sis and I pick my oldest and her son up from church type camp in Big Bear (cant wait for 2 years when my lil one can go and my vacation is no children at home!!! yeah!!) whoo hoo!!! Hurry Up July 13!

Pilgrim

One Too Many
My goddaughter is getting married in my home town of Pullman WA (home of the mighty Washington State University Cougars) this summer, so my two daughters and I are leaving Colorado on a Wednesday, picking my wife up at the end of a professional meeting in Jackson WY (think famous: Jackson Hole), and driving the 600+ miles to Pullman either that day or into Friday.

After the wedding we'll visit family in Pullman, Colfax, and in the central part of Washington in Richland and perhaps Yakima. We've considered a side trip a couple hundred miles north to Canada, but timing may or may not allow it.

We often drive 1100+ miles each way to the Pacific NW for family vacations.

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
Spitfire said:
Summers up. It's Vacationtime!!!!! Time to relax, have fun, swim, climb the mountain, read the books or whatever...where are you going?

We - my wife, son and I - are going to Tuscany for two weeks in a few weeks time.:D
This is our house. Half way between Firence and Sienna.
And half way between Radda in Chianti and Castellina in Chianti.
Smack in the Chianti mountains.

toscana.jpg

OMG Spitfire, that's soooooooooo beautiful :eusa_clap
I wish you and your family the best holidays!!!

hotrod_elf

A-List Customer
I wish I could go over seas

However, I do get to go look at the sea. I'm going to the Outer Banks of North Carolina on Saturday. Yeepee, a real vacation unlike my working vacations.

MinnieRose

Familiar Face
Two of my sisters, a brother-in-law, four kids and I are taking the train to Chicago in July for a couple of days. I think there will be too much to do in such a short time. So far the only thing we've agreed we'll do is the Shedd Aquarium and the Sears Tower. I would love to go sailing, bike Lake Shore Drive, and visit Oak Park to see Frank Lloyd Wright's designs. I am rather worried this is going to be a bust since the ever-monotoned brother-in-law is going. Oh well.

If any of you have suggestions, I'd love to hear.

Also - Giordano's or Uno's pizza?

Tommy Fedora

One of the Regulars
I'll probably wait until Sept/Oct to avoid the heat and the crowds. I'd really like to get back to Italy but I don't have any set plans yet. I'll be checking cheap trips to Europe in the hope of getting lucky. If not, there's always Vegas.

panamag8or

Practically Family
RedPop4 said:
We just returned from Disney and the Tampa/Clearwater area.
Visited Ybor City, smoked copious amounts of cigars with my good buddy from Clearwater, and visited Tarpon Springs, as well.

If anyone is interested in cheesy vacation photos, you can visit my gallery over at Cigar Weekly
http://galleries.cigarweekly.com/TommyBB/Vacation-2007

I would think that the photos from Ybor and Tarpon Springs would be of the most interest to the folks here. Enjoy.

Mmm... Hellas. One of my Grandmother's favorite places when she lived there.

I see you got some hidden Mickeys, too. Those are fun to find, and they are everywhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner