Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Golf Attire: God; I Miss Payne Stewart!

Katt in Hat

A-List Customer
The U.S. Open commenced today at Winged Foot in Mamaroneck,NY. There are almost no players who dress with any particular style or panache. Some few who had done so in the recent past appear to have backed off; Jesper Parnivik comes to mind as does another whose name escapes me for the nonce.

Stewart wore plus fours, his trademark, and his entire outfit was always beautifully coordinated... :arated:

images

GWD

One Too Many
Katt in Hat said:
The U.S. Open commenced today at Winged Foot in Mamaroneck,NY. There are almost no players who dress with any particular style or panache. Some few who had done so in the recent past appear to have backed off; Jesper Parnivik comes to mind as does another whose name escapes me for the nonce.

Stewart wore plus fours, his trademark, and his entire outfit was always beautifully coordinated... :arated:

images

This is how I dress for all my "real" Tournaments in honor of Payne Stewart.
web.jpg

Staredge

One of the Regulars
I've decided I need something to relax me, so I've decided to take up golf. :eusa_doh:

I always leaned towards Mark Twain's idea about golf: it's a good walk wasted. Finally decided it was time to learn. All those years of bad-mouthing golf, Payne Stewart was the one guy I always liked. I remember when I heard about the plane...while it was still in the air. :( Figure once I get my game halfway mediocre, I'll be buying some plus-fours and some argyles. Stewart's biography, written by his wife, is really good. They've got a bunch of copies at the local used bookstore cheap. No dust jackets. Let me know & maybe I can make a run for you, if you want one.

Will

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy