Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Good hat shops in Belfast, Northern Ireland (and Dublin too!)?

Shirley Films

New in Town
I will be spending a few days in Belfast next week - followed by a few days in Dublin. Can anyone recommend any good hat shops in those areas?

Mainly interested in fedoras. Not looking for super expensive, necessarily. I like to try and bring home a hat when I travel abroad.

Thanks!

Edward

Bartender
I'm not about the plaace with the regularity I used to be, but I suspect you'll struggle in Belfast. Try any "old man" clothes shops you see (though I don't think there are many of those left in the city centred any longer). Howard Street and some of the other streets around City Hall now have a few higher end clothes shops that there used to be, heritage-type stuff, but I think you'll still struggle to find a brimmed hat in fur felt - mostly it's cheaper wool types. You'll have better luck looking for a nice tweed cap, Donegal Tweed being the nearest there is to a local thing.

I should think you'll have a bit better luck in Dublin, but it's been nearly twenty years since I did more than pass through the outskirts, so I really don't know the town any longer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80