Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Good Repro Looks

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
HarpPlayerGene said:
Total amateur here but the vibe(s) I get from this are;
Hats - '40s
Coats - '50s
Smoking jacket - '60s
Hair - '70s
That movie is taking place in 1954, so the hats and coats would be appropriate. Orlando Jones' character on the far right is a street hustler type who wears some wild outfits during the movie, but they seem right (to me).
His hair also would be right for his flamboyant style.
The other guy's hair, well it does seem a little longish under that hat but it's not something you'd notice while watching.

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
Paper Moon looked great to me. Most movies and tv shows in the 1970s had actors wearing very modern hairstyles (yes I'm looking at you Mr. Redford) but I thought Everyone looked right in Paper Moon.

Sincerely,
The Wolf

Feraud

Bartender
A few pics from Paper Moon.
PAPERMOON-96.jpg

PAPERMOON-67.jpg

PAPERMOON-63.jpg

PAPERMOON-2.jpg

The supporting players and crowds from The Natural look good.
THE_NATURAL_SPECIAL_EDITION-151.jpg

THE_NATURAL_SPECIAL_EDITION-152.jpg

THE_NATURAL_SPECIAL_EDITION-170.jpg

THE_NATURAL_SPECIAL_EDITION-148.jpg

THE_NATURAL_SPECIAL_EDITION-200.jpg

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Your mention of Schindler's List reminds me of this one -

Der Untergang (2004). And Gantz is absolutely amazing as Hitler.

Gene

Practically Family
Any of the Coen brothers' movies. They are masters of making every little detail accurate.

Miller's Crossing(takes place in the 20's):
millerscrossing1-1024.jpg

millers_crossing_still.jpg

big-1845_3_Miller_s-Crossing.jpg

The Man Who Wasn't There (takes place in 1949):
pdvd_002.jpg

man%20who%20wasn%27t%20there1.jpg

pdvd_000.jpg

docneg

One of the Regulars
An obscure film--Hammett. Frederick Forrest does a great job playing Dashiell Hammett, Peter Boyle is his ex-Pinkerton buddy, and every late '20s period detail is perfect. Worth looking for.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
C-dot said:
One of my personal favourites, Bugsy Malone:

I despise the fact that dozens of vintage 1930s studio costumes (for adults) --including some very unique pieces-- were cut to shreds in order to make them fit the child actors. And poor Jodie Foster was veering dangerously close toward being typecast as a pubescent prostitute:

[YOUTUBE] <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NOrgDbldcA4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NOrgDbldcA4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Levallois

Practically Family
Has anybody seen a movie called "Mr. North" starring Anthony Edwards, Robert Mitchum, Lauren Bacall, and Henry Dean Stanton? Supposed to take place in 1926 and I thought the suits and hats were great but I am no good judge of this sort of thing. I can't find any decent photos from the movie but it's playing on cable, off and on.

John

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
Marc Chevalier said:
I despise the fact that dozens of vintage 1930s studio costumes (for adults) --including some very unique pieces-- were cut to shreds in order to make them fit the child actors.

Were they really? I guess I assumed all the costumes were made especially... That is a shame...

I still think its a good film, though :eek:

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
docneg said:
An obscure film--Hammett. Frederick Forrest does a great job playing Dashiell Hammett, Peter Boyle is his ex-Pinkerton buddy, and every late '20s period detail is perfect. Worth looking for.

Saw Hammett in the theatres when it first came out. I went not because of the film versions of Hammett's work, but because of his writing.

The movie is well worth a viewing.

Where is Fredrick Forrest now?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner