Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Good Tailors in Northern Utah?

Hexenmeister

One of the Regulars
I know there have to be some of my fellow Utahns in the Lounge, so I come to you for some help.

A few months ago I bought a blazer from Macy's, primarily for work. It seemed fine at first and fits better than most, but after getting my custom cut suit from Indochino, I now know how a blazer/jacket is supposed to fit, and my Alfani (Red label) blazer just feels big, so I want to get the blazer tailored to fit closer to the body.

My dilemma begins here, in that I can not find any real tailors around Ogden, Utah. The best I can find is Men's Warehouse and some place at Layton Hills mall, where the ladies I've tried to speak with never seem to understand what I'm trying to say (I asked about shortening the blazer and the lady responded with "Yes, sleeves, $10 each!" [huh] ). If I knew what exactly had to be done then maybe I could go to some of these places, but I need a tailor to help me define what I need done.

Any suggestions of a good tailor in Utah? Ideally in the Ogden area, though Salt Lake is okay too (I'm just too lazy to drive quite that far if I can avoid it. lol )

MrLarry

New in Town
I know there have to be some of my fellow Utahns in the Lounge, so I come to you for some help.

A few months ago I bought a blazer from Macy's, primarily for work. It seemed fine at first and fits better than most, but after getting my custom cut suit from Indochino, I now know how a blazer/jacket is supposed to fit, and my Alfani (Red label) blazer just feels big, so I want to get the blazer tailored to fit closer to the body.

My dilemma begins here, in that I can not find any real tailors around Ogden, Utah. The best I can find is Men's Warehouse and some place at Layton Hills mall, where the ladies I've tried to speak with never seem to understand what I'm trying to say (I asked about shortening the blazer and the lady responded with "Yes, sleeves, $10 each!" [huh] ). If I knew what exactly had to be done then maybe I could go to some of these places, but I need a tailor to help me define what I need done.

Any suggestions of a good tailor in Utah? Ideally in the Ogden area, though Salt Lake is okay too (I'm just too lazy to drive quite that far if I can avoid it. lol )

Sorry, I know this question is seven years old--but I'm new the Lounge. I use two tailors in SLC. First is Sew and Fit at 357 E 3300 S, Saeid is great to work with. And, Elegant Tailors at 673 S 700 E, tailor is Raheem. Maybe this info will be of use to someone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24